Who has Easter off then?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has Easter off then?

Unfortunately I am on shift till 7pm on Saturday so will at least get Sunday and bank holiday monday with my wife.

Who is working and who is fortunate enough to have Easter and its predictably crap weather off?

Who is brave enough to day trip or holiday and who is staying in like us, in front of a log fire with a classic black and white movie, some bombay saphire and a big plate of lamb stew with herb dumplings.

pw, 2 weeks for me, school finished today!

Comment

meeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

i get good friday off, then sat & sun 12 hour days then monday night 7 pm to 8 am and the same again tuesday. i love working for the NHS!
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

No days off for me - lots to do - and will have even more to do if this b*st*rd wind ever stops - need to get the cover on my tunnel asap - got 15,000 veg plants on order from two local GC's, plus all my own stuff to get started.
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

off tomorrow, night shift Saturday, half dead through sleep deprivation Sunday, early shift Monday.

On the plus side, the in-laws are over from Spain, so it will be great to see them.
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

i'm working tomorrow and monday, and probably into tomorrow night, work in IT and this is not usual (not for me) but will be tomorrow.sewer rat, blowing a gale it seems here too, hope the wind doesn't disrupt things too much for you!? i'm p'd off that I can't get my own wee patch done, you must be extra exasperated at the prospect
              Last edited by deezyb; 20-03-2008, 09:49 PM.
              "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

I'm working friday and monday i have the weekend off.

This may be my last bank holiday working as i have just accepted a job offer

Comment

Out for my usual run to Nuneaton on Friday night and back on Saturday night.
                  On Monday and Tuesday I'll be on the Glasgow run ,which is up to Cumbernauld and back down, on the boat to Belfast,deliver the goods and then back to the boat and up to Cumbernauld for the next one.
                  Probably a trip out to the Midlands on Wednesday and another on Friday.
                  Anyone going to the lakes?
                  There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Friday is NOT a holiday in Scotland - so working tomorrow, but as I don't work on Mondays anyway its a normal weekend for me!
                    ~
                    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Not just Easter but every day off, I just love this retirement 8 years and getting better
                      It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpadragon View Post
                        Not just Easter but every day off, I just love this retirement 8 years and getting better
                        i only have a few more years to go then seriously i've got about 20 years tilll i retire....but i'm so jealous! enjoy grandpadragon
                        "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Originally posted by mrsc2b View Post
                          pw, 2 weeks for me, school finished today!
                          Ain't ya a bit old for school m'dear!?!?

As for me:
                          Night shift Thursday, Friday and Saturday, finishing 4am Sunday morning when I have to leggit from Ericsson to Amsterdam scareport and catch the 10h05 KL1059 Fukker 100 (sic) from AMS to CWL. Then free till the 3rd April... Well, when I say "free" I mean I will be under the domain of Shirlthegirl...
                          Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
                          Cut your engines, cool your wings,
                          You've taken me home...

Comment

Whole of Easter off for me; mainly going to be cooking lovely treats though - cinnamon hot cross bunnies today; chocolate biscuits and bread tomorrow, finishing off a roastie on Sunday when I get to my brothers [I do the spuds - end of]. Using up PSB and leeks [in the roastie] from the garden that should finish up alot of the winter veg still out there.

Comment

Off today...........go back to work a week come Monday! Halleluyah!!!!

This year, Easter coincides with the beginning of the trout fishing season, so intend having a week of lottie-ing and fishing, weather permitting!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X