Ment to be puting Spuds in

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ment to be puting Spuds in

Good Friday is the tridational day for putting in the spuds but it is sooooooooo cold today I can be assed.

Any one got theirs in yet?
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

First earlies went in a couple of weeks ago, Mr D alsop got 1/2 the 2nd Earlies in this week, but the maincrops arent in yet, we were hopping to do them over the Easter Break, but looking at the weather I dont know whether we'll manage it or not!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Only in the greenhouse in pots. Don't trust it here for such an early planting. Will probably get them (only do earlies) in at the beginning of April - weather permitting as they say!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Going to plant mine during the easter school hols in 2 weeks, hopefully it will be a bit warmer by then & not snowing.
        Lets teach kids to cook.

Comment

It was hailing today, and the ground is still cold and muddy. I won't be planting spuds for at least a fortnight yet.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just planted my 1st earlies today, Arron Pilot first time trying these, I must say it was very cold, and even sleeted at times!

I have some Accent chitting in the green house to go in in a few weeks time, and am trying Kestrel for my main crop. Anyone tried any of these they were recommended by a local garden center?
            Thanks Kathyrn

Comment

Not growing any spuds - my boring family would rather eat rice or pasta.
              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I'm still Chitting and have only just ordered another batch! I get the distinct impression I'm a bit behind everyone else!!
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

I planted my Aron Pilot about 5 weeks ago and the shoots surfaced about a week ago. I've been covering them with plastic at night and they've survived the frost so far.
                  Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

i put most of mine in cut flower containers and the rest in the ground but i think it was too early! FREEZING here!!
                    "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."
                    Dolly Parton.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X