Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain of the week

Hi

I got a pair of Rohan Culottes from a charity shop the other day for £1.75 and they had been reduced. What a bargain

Today I got five packets of flower seed for £1.00, hubby wants to know where I am going to plant them all, as the garden is stoned.
    Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by pukka.tukka View Post
    Today I got five packets of flower seed for £1.00, hubby wants to know where I am going to plant them all, as the garden is stoned.
    Blimey, what have you been letting it smoke then?!

Good work on the bargains though!
    Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

I've saved myself over £50 this weekend! New walking boots: £15 off. Boot socks x 4 on eBay instead of from the shop: £20 cheaper. And a completely unnecessary but beautiful Waterman ballpen from eBay instead of the shop: £18 off.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I've saved myself over £50 this weekend! New walking boots: £15 off. Boot socks x 4 on eBay instead of from the shop: £20 cheaper. And a completely unnecessary but beautiful Waterman ballpen from eBay instead of the shop: £18 off.
        You could have saved yourself a lot more if:-
        * You'd stuck with the old , comfortable walking boots!
        * You'd darned your socks!
        * You just kept using the old Bic!
        btw did you know that the Americans invested Millions in research to find a ballpoint that would work in Zero gravity for there space flights.............whilst the Russians used a pencil!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi

Forgot to mention my hubby found Geoff Hamilton's Radio Times Gardening Year in the charity shop, I was busy looking at clothes, for 50p. The charity shop had too many hard backs so was selling them off. I could believe it.
          Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Comment

lol

Savings this past week, got wood for allotment - nothing!

was given newish wellies - nothing

given a sussex handmade trug for 2.00!

obtained 2 ton soil off of freecycle and the lovely farmer up the road gave me 10 tonne manure and delivered it for free!
            Last edited by allotmentlady; 22-03-2008, 06:53 PM.
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I bought beautiful Dorma bedding from Debenhams with 70% off. Fantastic.
              Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

last week had 12 low energy bulbs from tesco's for 12p this week they had some left and had another 6 thats it now for a few years jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Today I had lots of chocolate bargains . We had been to one of Birmingham many towns for duvet cleaning at a coin-operated launderette where we explored various cheapie £land type stores. This one was selling all the branded chocolates for a quid and £1.29; Galaxy eggs, Guilan eggs, Tesco exclusive, Gold Quality Street etc. Also bought very reasonably priced raspberries and strawberries for a quid each at a green grocer. If they had a green grocer like this one in my village, I wouldn't bother growing so many types of vegetables.
                  Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X