Guerrilla Gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guerrilla gardening... do you.....?

Hey everdream, hows the Guerrilla Gardening going, i am in the Facebook Group, and I got the Book with my MOM Goodie Bag, very inspirational with some nice stories and some sad ones, such as Gardens in New York bulldozed many years after their creation to make a car park.

They have a good website, which i would be nice if people had a look at.

The Guerrilla Gardening Homepage

I saw the recycled garden they did at Hampton Court and i'm collecting seeds in the sales for a 'Campaign' next spring.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

tbh it never got any further than the idea - we decided to stay legal for the sake of our jobs (that mortgage won't pay itself! lol) and started a veggie plot with the kids at the local youth club. We actually had a barbecue the other week with salad grown in the centre itself - cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, a handful of spring onions, baby beetroots :-)
      Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

My dad and three other councillors, decided to take over one of the town roundabouts, it was left to grass mainly which was cut irregularily, they created beds and interest, and mowed the grass weekly. It was done without the councils approval and they got a lot of grief for it. I guess sometimes those in power fail to empower those that are prepared to make a difference. I'm not sure whether this would fall under the umbrella of guerilla gardening.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by everdream78 View Post
          tbh it never got any further than the idea - we decided to stay legal for the sake of our jobs (that mortgage won't pay itself! lol) and started a veggie plot with the kids at the local youth club. We actually had a barbecue the other week with salad grown in the centre itself - cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, a handful of spring onions, baby beetroots :-)
          Turned into something very productive for you all.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
            I'm not sure whether this would fall under the umbrella of guerilla gardening.
            According to the Definition in the book " The illicit cultivation of someone Else's land."

It does.

Comment

Does it count if you try to reseed ground that has been brutalised by a construction company laying pipework etc along what used to be a beautiful path alongside the railway? They have churned up and destroyed so much plantlife (including native trees) with their trucks and diggers I was fuming. Suggested to Mr EB and Miss EB that we should sow some seed to reclaim the land for the vegetation and critters.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Definitely, you go ahead and sow your seeds missus. Sounds like the area needs some TLC.

I also love your signature.

Comment

I have a lot of oriental poppy seeds which I have been "sowing" on my walks!
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

The A420 is currently closed between 7.30pm and 8.00 am for 6 weeks. We're 2 weeks into this. During the day we have a (moving) restricted (as in traffic lights) length of road. I am taking a different route as, although shorter, is much longer(in time). I have to accept horse riders, cyclists and hedge to hedge tractors/combine harvesters. The result is that I see a lot of "guerrilla" in the verges. Hollyhocks, California poppies, lavatera. Very lovely, and I suspect that in other seasons there are other plants.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X