How do you organise your life? (or not)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats organisation?
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
      whats organisation?
      My question too I irritate the heck out of Madmax (he is a Virgo) as I refuse to plan things too closely - my plans always come to nowt so I gave it up.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

A5 pad on day by day basis for note.
        Calendar

PC for complex issues.

But then work at home ... about 4 hours a day.

Comment

I am a list person. If I have a day at home, I write a list of everything I want to acheive that day and write it in, can't settle until I have ticked them all off!!! Keeps me motivated to finish too I guess.
          My problem is I have 2 jobs, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 5 chickens, 1 house, 1 garden, 1 hubby, and only 1 me!!!!!! if I didn't make lists, most things wouldn't happen at all!!!
          http://365daysinthegarden2011.blogspot.com/

url]http://clairescraftandgarden.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

I live for the moment! I just blag it!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

A certain reliance on lists, I maintain 2 diaries (a handbag one and a desk one), and we have a glass notice board in the kitchen that we use overhead markers on for important dates this week - and a calendar for longer term planning.

But i am finding that I am less organised just at the moment - coming out of one phase and not yet organised into the next one (college finished and in limbo at work as they don't know where to put me yet) - so I am letting most stuff drift a bit more than usual.

I do keep a list of the rough weekly menu on the fridge though (although most days this week have changed since the plot harvest was so good this week) and a shopping list where we write up things as they are about to or have run out as the week goes on, and adding things for the following week's menu just before I go shopping (menu gets roughly decided at that point).

Comment

damn! looks like if I'd been born 3 1/2 hours earlier (only just a libran ) I'd have been so much more organised instead of the chaotic just about getting everything done on time (or sometimes not) generally disorganised person I am..
                I have a dream:
                a dream that, one day, chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  I live for the moment! I just blag it!
                  Aye, that sounds like me. Sometimes though, by the end of the day, your blagging muscles don't half ache!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

If it isn't on my kitchen calendar it ain't going to happen

Comment

I have a wife.
                      Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

my other half likes to write lists, I just take the mick out of him and write daft messages on them.

Comment

I have a diary for work and 2 lists on the fridge, one is the weekly cleaning rota if I dont stick to it the house gets in a state very quickly, having said that its only 10 mins a day, I dont over do it! lol. the second list is the work on the house schedule, so this month its put the new sink in and take down a wall, at the weekend we have a list each of more detailed jobs ie sand the cuboard, strip the wall which we cross of as we go, we never get as much done as is on the list but we get through it slowly. if we left it to chance we wouldnt get anything done!
                          Yo an' Bob
                          Walk lightly on the earth
                          take only what you need
                          give all you can
                          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I'm a Virgo too but despise lists - have to be organised at work and the last thing I want is to have my free time planned with military precision. Will plan things out roughly in my head and put a couple of key things on a callendar but apart from that would rather go with the flow - enjoy the lovely surprises you get unexpectedly rather than be disappointed by failing to meet an excessive list.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have a big diary and when I remember to check it its quite useful. I have to say if I lost it the whole world would grind to holt. Im thinking of getting one of those PDA thingymajigs and using a book diary as back up.

I have to be organised. Im a single mum with two children and there is always a party to go to or somthing they have to bring into school, plus there is all the clubs. My parents live in the UAE so I have to grandma to run around after and a younger sister to sort out. plus Im a student so I have deadlines to keep up with. Being organised is a full time job on its own.
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

I used to write lists - but i liked to put stuff on them that I had already done so that I could cross them off straight away, and LOOK organised. My life revolved around lists, I had loads!!!
                                When I moved here, we (I) moved a husband 3 children and dog from a four bed house to a caravan..... Most stuff went into storage but we still brought over 2 trailer loads of stuff and I went into list overdrive.
                                Haven't written one since!!!!!!!
                                Tx
                                (which is probably why the children went to school with no lunch for a school trip last week!!!)
                                Tx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X