Summer songs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    Here, alow the PC to sing back to you for a bit...

YouTube - Lovely Day Bill Withers

Arrr thanks Wayne

Picture this in your mind!! me on a chair in the garden with the pc on my lap typing whilst singing to Bill - when the neighbour pops her head around the gate and looks at me like i am Losing the plot!!!!!!!!! lol

"lovely day lovely day dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, dayyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Cor brings back V GOOD memories of late 80's - oh bugger now i have to cook the kids tea and get back to reality!!

SS

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
      - oh bugger now i have to cook the kids tea and get back to reality!!

SS
      pain innit!!i'd quite happy waiting till 7 or8 but guess they gotta be fed,had dilema preparing mine,been promising daisy stew & dumplings ,go to make & got no suet!we got stew & some stodgy flour cakes that'll hopefully resemble dumplings!! morcheeba "the sea"
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Not technically a 'summer' song but my lottie neighbour (age: approx 103) seemed to appreciate me singing and dancing along to 'You Can Leave Your Hat On' earlier today
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

were all going on a suuumer holiday ,cliff richards,
          she's mentaly singing it as she types
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-05-2008, 05:49 PM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

The More I See You - Chris Montez
            Love Shack - B52's
            Fool - Sherman Robertson ( was the alarm call on my mobile whilst on hols in Maldives last year) Actually, just realised exactly this time last year. About now I would be sitting under a palm tree drinking a Gin and Tonic.......Oh Bugger!
            Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Love Shack - that was it - Thank You SallyM!!!! I can now at least identify that little riff running around in the quiet empty stillness that is my head (not!).

Comment

long hot summer by the style council
                hot in the city by billy idol
                some like it hot by power station

and the strange one with no link to hot or summer

lets go crazy by prince, just reminds me of driving to mevagissey on the beer in a gold 3 litre ford capri. stylish eh!!
                Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                Bob Dylan

Comment

Hi All

At the moment, I'm put in a brilliantly summery mood by Beth Rowley's So Sublime (and to me, it really is )

Also, being a bit of a softie, Burt Bacharach's This Guy's in love with you and especially Andy Williams' Almost There, which never fails to bring a tear to my eye!

Other than that, I'm bit of a frustrated hippie and like to browse around various sixties tracks (not always the obvious ones either) and quite a lot by Dead Can Dance, Einaudi, Ennio Morricone, I could go on but I'd be a bore...

I always marvel at the effect music can have on your emotions, physical and mental well being etc..

Stay well

Gill
                  We are each of us, a multitude... within us is a little universe... Dr Carl Sagan

Comment

On the beach ... Chris Rea
                    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

California Dreaming - it goes on about brown leaves and grey skies, but my kids once sang it all the way from Sheffield to Penzance, largely because it was the only one they all knew the words to (fortunately they slept all the way back or I think we'd have dumped them somewhere around Bristol)
                      Don't Look Back in Anger - same reason, but this time Sheffield to St Davids, Wales.
                      That one with the saxophone, y'know......is it Baker Street?
                      California Girls (Beach Boys?) should do it, but actually always reminds me of New Year's Eve as it's been no 2 son's karaoke song for years - you have to see the little dance that goes with it to truly appreciate it though
                      Last edited by bluemoon; 21-05-2008, 05:47 PM.
                      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

The Kane Gang - Motortown

The Blow Monkeys - Digging Your Scene

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Dire Straits - Wild West End
                        Cheers

Danny

Comment

Talking of Beach Boys, how about Sail on Sailor by the very same.
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

There are some great tunes on the list !!

Got to go with Katrina and the waves !!! how about the Nolans, I,m in the mood for dancing !! or bit more recent , well the 80,s with DJ jazzy jeff and sumertime !!

Comment

How could I have forgotten this absolute gem!?!?!?!?

YouTube - Birdhouse in your soul

Guaranteed to lift my mood (tried and tested).
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

or what was that song,cant seem 2 remember..save all your kisses! you know how it goes?!
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X