No announcement yet.

carbon footprints

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Gwyndy, things that are on the calculators that you didn't mention. Washing machines and how often they are used, tumble dryers, power showers, or number of bathrooms in a house, number of baths drawn against showers, toilets with 6l flushes, or a restrictor if they are not. You could be greener than green but unless you scrub your clothes in a river with cleaner created by local ingredients and non pollutant, dry by wringing, bathe in a river and shower under a waterfall, you are not going to be better than the average household.

When I did one of these calculators, we had a problem because we had two bathrooms, and bathed our daughter daily. Come on, there is only a puddle in her bath, but they never allow you to suggest how full the bath is!! The calculators are flawed, ignore them.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

i think its big brother gone mad, they have no idea! i not sure they even no what the problem is let alone what the answers is!
      Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that products will soon have carbon labels on them. ie: the carbon footprint of a product, along with nutrition information, ingredients, etc.

Brands will soon have a battle on there hands getting their brands noticed amongst the labelling chaos.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I read that 4 square metres of grass left to just grow wild is enough to produce enough oxygen per year for an average person, thereby reducing your carbon footprint.

As a means of helping busy people help the environment and themselves, I offer a service where I will go to their houses and not cut their grass.

My rates are very reasonable if anyone is interested
          I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
            I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that products will soon have carbon labels on them. ie: the carbon footprint of a product, along with nutrition information, ingredients, etc.

Brands will soon have a battle on there hands getting their brands noticed amongst the labelling chaos.
            maybe they'll have to get rid of the character pictures on packaging too make room!?: why is it only the c**p food that gets the kiddies fave cartoon character plastered all over for advertising? govt keep harping on at getting kids to eat healthier,yet when was the last time you saw kiddy friendly(?)advertising on anything remotely healthy?
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Most of the carbon calculators you can use on line are very simplicitic, they don't take into consdieration where you buy your food from for example. By growing your own you have many points in the bag by reducing food miles etc but this is not likely to be considered as they have to over simplify. They're OK for Mr or Mrs Average who do nothing as they will point out some of the obvious easy hits but if you're already doing quite a bit then they stop being useful.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X