No announcement yet.

Religious Propaganda

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easiest way to get rid of JW, is to actually engage them in conversation. Not expecting this, they don't know what to do, panic and skedaddle! Most enjoyable.
    Smile! It's the curve that can set a lot of things straight!

http://www.youtube.com/BradThunder

Comment

We get JW, mormons and a couple of happy - clappy churches on a regular basis, they are always polite and accept a no thank you with grace - however it can be a pain if more than faction turns up on the same day (why always teatime or during Top Gear?).

Although not religious(verging on Pagan), my son attends a C of E school (he got an open place on merit, no 'pew jumping' or 'on your knees to avoid the fees') because it is the only decent school in the area. As part of the deal we accept his participation in the various religious and often strange ceremonies.

I am with Cloud on the blood thing though. I'd be dead as would hubby, my mother and father.

Comment

Where do JW's stand on someone who has already given blood, is it straight to the fire my boy, or are they forgiving of previous transgressions!!?
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Well,I always say that I am just going to give blood and they can join me if they wish to or I say that my time is precious so if they want to talk to me it will cost them £20 per hour or part thereof,cash upfront-they soon decide they don't wish to talk to me!!!

Comment

lol, we get JW's come to the door, I politely inform them that as a witch I am a daughter of lilith, not eve, but if they wish to come in and discuss it they can, they leave pretty quick
            Last edited by BrideXIII; 10-11-2008, 07:12 PM.
            Vive Le Revolution!!!
            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
              A pagan 'icon' on the door will often be sufficient to deter them (my sisters haven't heard from them since the 'green man' image was hung up).
              I hope your Green Man has been taken down now for the dark cycle. He should be packed away for the winter and only come out with the Spring or else you will get a poor harvest.

On these modern religions my top 3 are:
              The Salvation Army.............Actually out there doing some good work
              JW................Bonkers but nice, do like a read of Awake.
              Mormons........Totally Bonkers but a nice chat, Like the plural wife bit as well.

Asked work if I could have Samhain (New year) off as a religious holiday but they wouldn't let me.
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                Where do JW's stand on someone who has already given blood, is it straight to the fire my boy, or are they forgiving of previous transgressions!!?
                Nope its lake of fire time....sorry.
                You have to repent now....you can't even hedge a bet and repent as you see the fire approaching.

I am looking forward to it. I love a BBQ
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I don't answer the door these days, I just look out of the window. Tonight at around 6.30 it was raining hard and windy and cold and a woman came with a little girl, she shouted up (for our lounge and kitchen are on the first floor) that the little girl's school was sponsoring 'help the aged' and would we like to contribute. I said no thanks, we give to charity through our salaries. Now I come to think of it I think it was a lie, what parent would take a child round the streets in the dark, cold wet dark, collecting for charity. I think I should probably bring it to the attention of the residents association don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Marthaclematis View Post
                    ..... Now I come to think of it I think it was a lie, what parent would take a child round the streets in the dark, cold wet dark, collecting for charity. I think I should probably bring it to the attention of the residents association don't you?
                    Don't see what's wrong with that - it wasn't late, and if you stopped in until it was light and wasn't raining, you wouldn't get much collecting done in November!

If you're concerned, phone Help the Aged, they'll be happy to confirm if they are collecting at the mo.

Comment

We were visted by a few JWs one day many years ago which happened to be the same day my father was killing and gutting a pig.
                      The JWs were greeted by my dad, which a shot gun in one hand and a butcher knife in the other and a very bloody apron. I really dont understand why walked away at high speed.

Now the tend to not bother to knock on my door as i have a green mans head with a pentacle underneath nailed to the door. lol.
                      http://www.paintingsussex.co.uk

Comment

I find it galling when people put religous 'note' things under their postings... on one site which I visit someone has "I can do all things when strengthened by HIM" under each posting. I noted someone lately added a note to their own response which said something along the lines of "I do most things by myself - don't beleive in a HIM".

Comment

I remember as a child i was fishing alone on a local rural stream and being approached by a well dressed man.
                          He proceded to talk religion to me(which i felt quite OK with) and then started "speaking in tongues" Which went something like "IWEUFHWIUGYGIGFwieyfgWEFGegfwefgwyfgifgiihie7fywe7fyw7eyfiu ", which frightened the cr@p out of me !!!!!.

I really dont mind religious callers as i kind of admire people who want to share something they really believe is happy and nice........A peacefull jihad me thinks.....Minty
                          " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                            i love jehovas, they come round and try to convert me, and i tell them i worship the devil, and sacrifice goats of a weekend, and would they like to come in and discuss selling their souls ...... they don't hang around
                            I have to admit if you tell em your a born again Christian they dont come around again either

We have a meeting house at the end of the road so a pair of old dears pop by every 6 months or so. I tend to just politely say no ta.

I was at college last year with a Moonie. She was odd but then I think she would have been anyway
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Be tolerant, of what they believe in. All of us have different views on things, if not, how will we understand each other. As long as they are polite and show compassion and friendship that is fine by me. Even dictators who have committed horrendous crimes, thought they were doing the right thing. Don't just love your friend ... love your enemy.
                              No I am not a JW, but I have been a Buddhist for over 20 years.
                              With Metta x
                              http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Going back to the point first raised by Izyjo, I use a 'Buck' folding knife for cutting string and such like when I'm on the lottie. The manufacturers, in 'A Message from the Buck Family' claim that God is a 'Senior Partner' in the family firm. They even claim that if the company comes up against any problems, they turn it over to their 'Senior Partner' and he sorts it out for them. The message then goes on to quote from 'John 3:16'.

Seems a strange claim from a manufacturer of knives. Does their 'Senior Partner' somehow ensure that none of the blades manufactured by the company are ever used to cause harm? Somehow I think not.
                                It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X