No announcement yet.

Bob Flowerdew's Plait !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no but I hope someone might have the guts to suggest something different or if I ever looked like mutton dressed as lamb
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Originally posted by SueA
      Here's a little bit about 'A Day in the Life of' Bob that I found from The Times. Apparently his wife plaits his hair at night & he has twins who will be about 2 & a half now. He thinks hair might act as a sort of aerial for your dreams!
      Bob Flowerdew
      I have a dream that this world can be made better bit by bit. Dreams were one reason I started growing my hair. It struck me hair might possibly act as an aerial, and I made notes to see if my dreams changed as it got longer. Since I’ve been growing it, my dreams seem more sensible, more like real life.

Vonnetta plaits my hair at night — it’s a lovely bonding experience. About 10pm, before I shower and say my prayers, I do a last round of the garden and sniff the flowers. Unlike the babies, plants don’t scream at night. There are very few things in life that are better than sex, but in the long run, gardening just beats it. For half an hour I’ll have the sex, but for the rest of the day I’ll take gardening.

*I can't seem to find the 'vomit' smiley?
      Last edited by smallblueplanet; 27-06-2008, 01:48 PM.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
        I hope someone might have the guts to suggest something different or if I ever looked like mutton dressed as lamb
        I fully intend to sally forth into middle aged dressed as a teenager and if anyone ever suggests something different, I shall politely decline their advice

Bob's a bit odd though, eh?
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

awww bless, I take it all back (just read the time bit) ....keep the hair Bob,
          not sure about the dream aerial though. My hair is long, my dreams are scary - Speillberg stand well back!

Why do I have so many about ufo's ? and trying to save and keep everyone safe??
          Last edited by Headfry; 27-06-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I intend to grow old disgracefully just not with a long girlie plait [ if i was a 54 yr old man] do you think he will still have it when he is 70
            Last edited by shirley; 27-06-2008, 02:42 PM.
            Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

You are all Plaitaphobes !

Still... I hope it doesn't get in the way when he pees on his compost heap !

I hear that he's doing the Gardeners Question Time Panto this year.....

Rapunzel !

"Bob.. Bob.. let down your organic hair"

Sorry Bob.. you're an inspiration to us all (can anyone smell wee?)

Comment

Wee???? ( ooops..I thought you said SPELL...)

OK...just for the record....

I think this guy is superb.
                Laid back, quiet, organic guru (YEARS ahead of his time)
                I'd invite him to tea/supper/weekend/holiday() ANYTIME.......

Good on ya Bob....an inspiration to us all! ( yes..I DO have one of his books and he is a 'real time/real life' sort of guy) ...My OH and I would love to spend a weekend working with him to learn a few tricks of the organic trade.

I wonder why no-one has suggested him for Gardeners World??...probably because he's too bashful??

Maf...Good idea for this years GYO panto- Rapunzal. ( auditions at the end of the growing season........) ....Bubblewrap could provide the landing pad for the lovers leap????
                Last edited by Nicos; 27-06-2008, 06:46 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Leave Bob and his plait in peace. I usd to have one just like it - 'cept darker in colour, but had it surgically removed when I changed offices years ago - now sport ever so functional if slightly thuggish looking No 1 cut.
                  And for your information, headlice don't give a fig if your hair is clean or dirty !
                  Rat

British by birth
                  Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                  http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                    And for your information, headlice don't give a fig if your hair is clean or dirty !
                    didnt say his hair was clean or dirty just a bloody mess!!!!!! dont get me wrong i like some men with long flowing locks, but only if its not straggly and untidy looking and i personally think bob's does!! he needs some good conditioner in it - i think i may send him a bottle!

i know all about headlice, seem to have got a degree in it, because some parents decide not to check their kids or do anything about it !!

therefore, if anyone would love to know anything and i mean anything about headlice please ask lol!

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
                      Don't get me wrong. I intend to grow old disgracefully just not with a long girlie plait [ if i was a 54 yr old man] do you think he will still have it when he is 70
                      Have you ever read the poem by Jenny Joseph When I am an old woman I shall wear purple this is going to be my guide through my twilight year !!

Going back to Bobs tail!! why does a mans long hair always look so much better than a womans with a lot less work!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maf View Post

...........................I decided to have a last ditch attempt at longer hair before resigning myself to the 'baldy skinhead look' that age inevitably brings!
                        !
                        Know what you mean! My pony tail got the crop a couple of years ago but I still can't bring myself to Bic the nut!

I think what finally did it for me was when an old guy who was a good friend (who is now dearly departed) said to me jokingly " We all know what lurks under a ponies tail don't we?"

PS Deep respect to Bob btw!
                        Last edited by Snadger; 30-06-2008, 03:17 PM.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          OK...just for the record....

I think this guy is superb.
                          Laid back, quiet, organic guru (YEARS ahead of his time)
                          I have to agree.... Besides the late Geoff Hamilton, this guy is someone I think is way ahead of his time and I really enjoy reading his books too
                          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
                            didnt say his hair was clean or dirty just a bloody mess!!!!!! dont get me wrong i like some men with long flowing locks, but only if its not straggly and untidy looking and i personally think bob's does!! he needs some good conditioner in it - i think i may send him a bottle!

i know all about headlice, seem to have got a degree in it, because some parents decide not to check their kids or do anything about it !!

therefore, if anyone would love to know anything and i mean anything about headlice please ask lol!
                            I reckon most mums do!! I've been combing the bloody gremlins out of Laurens hair nearly every week lately.
                            Kirsty b xx

Comment

OMG!!!!!!

Look what I just found!!!!!!

Résultats de la recherche d’image Google à partir de http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/915000/images/_918935_garden300.jpg

I'll never see him again in the same light!!!!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Argh Nicos!! Thank god no-one was watching my screen.
                                Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X