Is it me?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah the sounds of summer.

Lawn mowers, strimmers dogs barking, power washers and kids playing.

Personally I don't like to start with the noisy activities untill after 10am on a Sunday. Mind you when I was a kid we were expected not to be noisy on a Sunday full stop.

A bit of a lie in, off to church and then packed off to see grand parents in the country or sit and listen to the radio indoors.
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Ah, a nice mixed bag of opinion, I'm not that bothered, said neighbours rarely talk to me, since we put up a carbunkle on our roof (flat roof dormer!), normally I do have more consideration, and it was a Saturday, not a Sunday.

Party went ahead without a hitch, albeit it rained and no one went out in the garden. At least they could admire it from a far.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Glad the party went well, bum about the rain though. My daughter's birthday is at the end of July and we usually plan for an outdoor party, but the last couple of years it's had to be relocated indoors due to the rain. Hoping it'll be 3rd time lucky this year, or I'm giving up!

Comment

most of my friends kiddies have winter birthdays & they're always envious they can't have outdoor garden parties.~what they don't realise is the stress when you've invited many excitable children to party in the garden,then the clouds appear!!we were lucky yesterday~although it clouded over & wasn't particularly warm it stayed dry,last year we'd stupidly invited about 20 as we had a big garden;unfortunately due to the hail we had to fit them all into our tinsy house!!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Some moron put a sprinkler on a bridleway yesterday, to water their lavender in the middle of the day. It was interesting riding past that! Didn't know an exmoor pony could do piaffe!

Don't think I would have bothered about a mower at 07:45, but I'm always awake way before that, even if I can't be bothered to get up. My cat has the RSCPA on speed dial, to stop me staying in bed beyond 8am. EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              most of my friends kiddies have winter birthdays & they're always envious they can't have outdoor garden parties.~
              we bought a massive gazebo a few years ago, easily fits 20 plus people, and in february, for sons birthday, we get the 2 gas BBQ's out, put them inside while they are warming up, so it warms the gazebo, then open up the end and move them outside, do the BBQ then move them back in again to keep it warm, we also have a patio heater in there .... and february is always freezing lol.

when he was little, all parties were somewhere else, like mcdonalds, or jungle jims, or the swimming pool, can't be doing with all that kiddy entertaining lol
              Last edited by lynda66; 30-06-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

No.2 son has an early April birthday, his last three parties in England were all outside! Not because it was nice weather though!!!!!! The year before last we cammed up 20 7yr olds and set them loose on Salisbury plain in the rain - and we didn't lose any and they all loved it !!!!!
                You'd be amazed how hot a coolbox can keep stuff.
                I hate childrens parties, the noise, disappointment and fighting...... (10 years of nannying and then 3 of my own will do that to a girl!!!)
                Tx

Comment

New neighbour moved in a few days ago just a few houses away. 3 children - totally uncontrolled - 3 year old riding his little truck in the middle of the road - the other two shouting and screaming. But I do now understand why children are so ill disciplined when away from their parents - the new neighbour is a headmaster!!
                  Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X