• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about that Jacob. Been wondering why I still have the banner
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Morning all -

Shirl - the good news is that, although we only had sun yesterday, it is still dry and the cloud cover is very high, so probably even nicer for your lad in Wicklow (warm but not too hot or sunny for burning). It's supposed to be reasonable today and tomorrow on the east coast, with some showers maybe on wednesday, and dryer again on Thurs.

Shattered here this morning - too hot last night so slept really badly. But the sun yesterday meant we could all sit in the garden before lunch which was really nice (I had my grandparents, 5 aunts and uncles and ourselves for lunch), and I even managed to get enough goodies from plot and garden that the only non-homegrown stuff on the plate was the salmon (spuds, brocolli, mangetout and baby carrots being the rest of the menu). Happy days for me!! And the toddler was SOOOO well behaved - very proud mamma moment - she even handed around the sweets for with coffee afterwards (although there wasn't a choice about having one or not - everyone HAD to take theirs!! ).

OH went to the plot this week, and seemed reasonably impresesd with my work to date (hadn't been in a couple of months), although he did take the netting off the brassicas for the pumpkins and squashes (there was a spare one lying close by) so I only hope the pigeons ignore them until later today (I hope to get there at lunchtime).

Hope you are all well and ready for another wonderful week!!

Comment

Thanks for the weather report there WO. Good to hear it should be relatively pleasant for the kids on the hike.

Well done on your harvesting. We managed to get a good bunch of peas yesterday along with a few dwarf beans and some turnips. I was too tired to cook yesterday so they will be enjoyed tonight with a roast of some description - depends what I find in the freezer!

Hope we get more good weather so that my shallots dry nicely now.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X