No announcement yet.

Comics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use to get the Beano when I was younger then Smash Hits and Kerrang! I wasn`t into the mags for girls.
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
      T'was Smash Hits & Tops for me,moving on to the NME when I thought I was all grown up!!
      Cloud the toys aren't free!!They just charge extra for the mag so you can have a piece of plastic c*** that'll break after 2 plays!!Although back in the days they were prob slightly better quality! You go to the news agent today & at least 2 shelves are dedicated to cheap plastic toys atatched to a magazine you Know the kids won't even look at!!~We avoid the News Agents at all costs!
      Yeah but it was fun back then.We used to get catapults and little men with a parachute
      We didn't have much to amuse ourselves with then,no TV and no such things as computers and the like.
      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I used to get those little comics,Commando,as a kid,then when older I got Sounds.l8r on i started on graphic novels;Dark Knight,The Watchmen,Sandman etc;
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I used to get the Beano, and was a member of the Dennis the Menace Fan club.
          I assume i still am...??
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Beano, Dandy and occassionally Topper. Moved on to (am I remembering the title right?) Fab208 (named after the radio station) when I bought a couple of years worth from a jumble sale.Then the NME.
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 03-08-2008, 02:34 PM.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Twinkle, Beano, Dandy, Whizzer & Chips, Bunty, Jackie, Smash Hits, New Woman, Cosmopolitan, Home & Garden, Mother and baby, New Scientist, The Ecologist, Grow Your Own.....................then the future.............OAP Weekly.
              Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Beano and Dandy, follOwed by Victor and the Commando books, the Record Mirror, followed by NME, followed by loads of climbing mags and now GYO.
                When I was at college, aged 21-23, a classmate used to get the Victor and we all wanted a read after he had finished it .
                Rat

British by birth
                Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

cor i had Bunty & Jackie, loved them both, those were the days and as for being a member of a club.....................

was anyone in the Tufty Club (the big red squirrel who was safe on the roads) i have a pic of me in my badge!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X