Comics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comics

When you were little did you used to get a comic everyweek?
    There used to be loads around but my favourite was Topper!Cos you used to get a free gift every week.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Had The Eagle in the late 50s & early 60s Mainly because my father liked it.(no freebies)
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Dandy or Beano for me I think - didn't last very long though, I bore easily.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Being female it was bounty and judy for me.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
          Being female it was bounty and judy for me.
          Not Jackie then?
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

i had bunty and judy too, then jackie when i was older, then smash hits and record mirror, but i did like reading the dandy and beano

Comment

Jackie j, I used to get a Judy book every Christmas ........loved them. How I wish they would re print some.
              Still remember a story about a girl and an old folks home at Christmas. It was dull and dreary and then she magic'ed it all happy and bright with loads of food and decorations.
              Funny thing is ....
              I have always from that time wished I could do the same for people and animals. The story has kinda stuff fast!

Comment

T'was Smash Hits & Tops for me,moving on to the NME when I thought I was all grown up!!
                Cloud the toys aren't free!!They just charge extra for the mag so you can have a piece of plastic c*** that'll break after 2 plays!!Although back in the days they were prob slightly better quality! You go to the news agent today & at least 2 shelves are dedicated to cheap plastic toys atatched to a magazine you Know the kids won't even look at!!~We avoid the News Agents at all costs!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

My gran used to have my Beano delivered to her house for me, when I was a kid. The postman used to give her funny looks, as she lived on her own in sheltered accommodation.

I had about 4 years without a missing issue, which I had every intention of selling on, except my mam chucked them out.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Yeah, I used to get Twinkle Then Bunty when I was a bit older, then Jackie, then Smash Hits, then I went onto Kerrang! in my mid-teens. Nana used to buy our magazines when we were little. bless her

Comment

Here's how tupp I can be, I remember on Christmas morning, my sister and I would get up at around 4am, only to be sent back to bed, and again at 5, 5.30,............. at 6am my mother would relent and say we could have one present aslong as we stayed in bed for 1 more hour, we struck a deal, and mum would bring our presents. That present was always an Annual of the Beano, I never ever knew that my mum knew what was in it!!!
                      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Mine when in my early teens, was Tin Tin and yes it was always about 4am!

Comment

I forgot about Jackie and yes I had that as well.
                          Also had beano and dandy sometimes.
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

I had Buster, and tried to look at my brother's 2000AD, which was sometimes a bit to scarey for me. I then moved on to Smash Hits, to which I owe the ridiculous amount of 1980's pop trivia cluttering up me brain.
                            http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Well I was v.lucky - Mum and Dad has a newsagents!

I was allowed to 'carefully' read them the day before they went on sale - my faves being...

Beano, Dandy, Beezer, Topper, Valiant, Victor, Lion, Tiger - didn't go much for the girly ones I'm afraid!

And Eagle with the Mekon etc!

I also got to read all the sci-fi and horror ones too as I got a bit older.

I was a lucky girl indeed. When my son was growing up I bought him the Beano - not quite as good as in my day when Dennis' Dad would whop him with a slipper if he'd done bad or the headmaster would swish his cane in his direction - I'd always sneak a peek. He's saved them all to this day!
                              Last edited by quark1; 31-07-2008, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X