No announcement yet.

I didn't want to drink, but ...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on the house move TS. How horrible about the carpet though. When we moved the previous owner had been the 'foster mum' for the local cat charity (she looked after them when their shelter was full and rarely had fewer than half a dozen cats around) even so the house didn't smell of cats at all, even our dog didn't seem able to detect any odour (there was no frantic sniffing going on anyway, which there would have been if he'd had even a faint whiff of C. A. T.) I don't know how people can live like that, I'm not the world's tidiest person, but everything is clean and the thought of living with the smell of cat wee......yuk. How disgusting can anyone get? (not you, I mean the previous people who allowed their home to get like that) I can't offer any advice, sorry, just sympathy, but there's loads of good suggestions here and I'm sure you'll have it sorted soon.
    Well done, by the way, for moving house and being able to find not only port, but a glass to put it in. Five years after we last moved I've still got boxes in the shed, contents long forgotten.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Dont use anything containing ammonia as that will encourage cats to use the area again.
      Congrats on the move at least you will be able to get it to how you want it.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

thanks everyone, as usual you have brightened and cheered my day. I have spent 3 days Vaxing the carpet, and it still fills up with dirty water. And the smell is still there in the morning. I give up.

I have spent another day on my hands and knees, scrubbing. And unpacking. And picking up after Mr Sheds, whose job, apparently, is to sit on his arris in front of Sky Sports all weekend, while I fetch and carry. My 8 y.o. niece said it like this "if he doesn't help you, then don't clean up after him. Just leave all his mess, and he can live in a pigsty"

If it hadn't been chucking down all day, I'd have been up the lotty pronto.
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 03-08-2008, 07:49 PM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Isn't bicarb supposed to be good at absorbing odours etc?

We completely redecorated the whole house, and only then did all the smells of the previous owners disappear - cat pee, tobacco, cooking fat. Now, any smells I get the blame for usual are mine! No way to hide.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Congrats on the house move! Things will settle eventually - well, we've still got two boxes of stuff in the garage from 13 years ago which we still havent unpacked - mmmm!
            As for the carpet - I'm afraid the only thing you can do is throw it away - Crosby, bless his very large furry paws, insists on "performing" in the doorway of the "cats room" and won't in the litter tray - and yes, I've tried all sorts to make him use the litter tray so I use a large piece of that plastic floor runner then newspaper on top and have to change it several times a day, washing it down with anti bacterial stuff - I've shampooed the carpet below on several occasions but, it will have to go - unlike the cat whom we love dearly, except for his very strange toilet habits!
            There you go boys and girls - the interesting (not!) inside life inside the Dexterdog household.
            Good luck with the new house.
            Bernie
            PS ......must go and change the newspaper again!.................
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Sounds like Mr Sheds needs a steel toe cap up his arris MrWix is about due one too - yesterday it was cricket, today Grand Prix

Comment

Sarah, if I could go and sleep in my shed, I would. But it hasn't been built yet. I need to be civil to Mr Sheds until it is up
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Then ... no more Mrs Nice Guy eh?
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X