Moving Leeks ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    i didn't do that, i just dug a hole, and planted them, then walked on the soil
    That sounds just right! If you want the white bits longer then you can earth them up, or put a toilet roll inner around them - anything to block out the light. Leeks are very hardy and will cope with pretty much any treatment...I chuck mine around the plot - my current ones have been moved 3 times in a bunch - I take a few out at a time and plant out. They always seem to cope fine.
    Last edited by zazen999; 08-08-2008, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      i didn't do that, i just dug a hole, and planted them, then walked on the soil
      Depends on your soil but, leaving some room around them allows the stem to swell more easily.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
        Depends on your soil but, leaving some room around them allows the stem to swell more easily.
        the soil in the front garden is pretty good for the top 6 inches, as it's been lawn, under that is crap, so i added another 6 inches, and some compost, and will add more as they grow, they are currently in the middle of 2 rows of peas, under the pea net.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X