No announcement yet.

Eden & camping photos

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only slightly homesick after seeing the photos of Gorran, it was a part of my old stomping ground as a teenager, it always seemed to be drizzly and damp back then as well I used to go regularly to the Barley Sheaf on the way to Meva'
    I also used to go beating for the local shoot down at Caerhays when I was 13 or 14. happy days and a lovely part of Kernow.
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

Do you not think that a rotten camping holiday always makes you appreciate getting home? I like the sound of rain on the tent. Its the mud between your toes that gets too much. We had a terrible camping holiday last year near Coverack in cornwall - mid July it took us nearly a week to get there! Shame, its so beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post
        only slightly homesick after seeing the photos of Gorran, ... on the way to Meva'
        Mevagissey! We nearly turned back there & then. The SatNav (curse it) took us up the narrowest windiest roads ... in Meva we got in a traffic jam. Being a Brown Owl Type, I got out and was faced with a single lane & two opposing streams of traffic. They'd just met in the middle, where a daft woman had parked sideways. Nobody could move. I got her to back up so our lane of traffic could get out the way, but the SatNav then said "turn right, turn right, turn right" ...

.. and we ended up in exactly the same spot. thankfully the traffic had managed to clear by then. SatNav then took us into somebody's front garden . Every time we've used it, it's gotten us lost. It has forced me to learn to read maps now though (I now know what the blue roads are )

rivers
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Mevagissey! We nearly turned back there & then. The SatNav (curse it) took us up the narrowest windiest roads ..
          I grew up round there, and as far as I know there's nothing but narrow windy roads round Mevagissey.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            I grew up round there, and as far as I know there's nothing but narrow windy roads round Mevagissey.
            the sign of a locals car in Meva is wheel arches with huge scrapes on them and taped up wing mirrors
            Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
            Bob Dylan

Comment

You've got my conure!!! He is the spit of mine!! What is he called? And is he extremely noisy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherryblossom View Post
                You've got my conure!!! He is the spit of mine!! What is he called? And is he extremely noisy?
                Green Cheek. He's called Jasper (Jasper Parrot, get it?)
                Noisy? Yes. We were up at 5am today, cos somebody forgot to put the curtain over his cage, and he thought it was early enough for playtime. He was awake, so everyone should be awake
                He just shouts for attention, can't blame him really. He's currently whistling along to some drivel on the radio.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X