No announcement yet.

totally gobsmacked and horrified

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually i'm ok so far this morning, actually slept really well (for me) got a whole 6 hours and the shakes have gone ....... all the choccie must have helped, or maybe i just ran out of adrenaline.

Comment

Aw, Lynda, that's an awful thing to see. Hope you have a better day, today.

If you want the coat, the ambulance crew will have taken it with them and these things are normally kept at the hospital, although I certainly understand if you didn't want to see that coat again!

On the one hand, I feel sorry for those who are just so deep in despair that they don't consider the consequences of their suicide attempts, but on the other I think it's such a selfish thing to do in a public place. Someone tried it in Darwen a few years ago, apparently crashing through a bus shelter roof with people waiting inside it.

Comment

yeah, i think today will be much better, it's A level results day ..... and i think i can live without the coat .... it's weird but the thought of getting it back covered in blood and having to wash it isn't high on my priority list .... i just can't think of a worse way to die, or even worse to jump and survive probably crippled for life

Comment

Sorry to hear of what you had to go through yesterday Lynda. It must be awful to feel that you have no option but to take your life but the people who have to witness the aftermath are also victims in the true sense. They can get flashbacks and re-live the horror of what they saw. I always feel not only for the jumper but the train driver when someone goes in front of a train. That's leaving another person with a guilt feeling they don't deserve. Very sad for eveyone.

If they offer you any help, snap their hands off.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

how horrid, we are sending our love and hugs for you, b vitamins are good for shock, have some marmite or cheese on toast.
            Yo an' Bob
            Walk lightly on the earth
            take only what you need
            give all you can
            and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

so sorry to hear about this. What a horrible shock for you. Used to work in London and 'jumpers' in front of trains and tubes happen regularly. It is awful for people witnessing these things. Take care of yourself.
              We bought the lad from Sunny Spain, He gets the ball, he scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number nine.

Comment

The images will get fainter in time, meanwhile be kind to yourself.
                This was probably one of those poor,lost souls who would have at one time been looked after. These days it's called "Care in the Community" and unless you have a family to love you I'm afraid it would be better called "An Uncaring Community"

Comment

awful news Lynda, i couldnt comment yesterday as it reminded me of my friend who hung herself! shuch a waste of a young life and an awful memory for you, hope you having a better day today, not much i can add really, truly awful to see!

Comment

hot sweet tea and lots of chocolate! and talking it over whenever you need to, take care of yourself.

Comment

been ok today, well i was till i was coming back from the doctors, and went to walk the same way .... ended up walking round a different way .... the thought of walking down there just freaked me out a bit ..... bit too soon i think, it's weird, cos i was fine one second, then got near to where it happened and started shaking, think i'll avoid it for a while, sure it will be ok eventually. thanks for all your wishes and hugs and stuff, it's actually been a really big help.

Lynda xx

Comment

I think I would find a different walking route and stick to it forever!
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

At least the poor woman is getting help now, but it must have been an awful thing to witness. It's not something we expect to happen as we go about our business, but in time you'll be able to walk down that street again, but perhaps not just yet. May be a good idea to take a friend with you when you do just for support. In the meantime take care of yourself as shock can divest itself in many ways. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Comment

Hugs Lynda - hope you're enjoying the A level celebrations!
                            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

i've just had a houseful of semi drunk teenagers (i thought they'd be falling over by now) but they have just left to go to the pub, but 6 of them are stopping over tonight, cos i've told them they can have a BBQ party on Sunday if they mow the lawn, put the gazebo up, and clean the patio, i'm sure i can find some other things for them to do, like trim the hedges ..... *sets alarm for 7.30 am* ...... that'll make me feel better

Comment

Don't do it, Lynda. Seeing teenagers work might send you into even deeper shock! Hope you're feeling better today. Hugs BM.
                                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X