totally gobsmacked and horrified

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i'm feeling fine today, would like to know how she is though,

i can definitely deal with the shock of teenagers working and am looking forward to the BBQ even though it's going to rain (its rained on the 17th for the last 5 years, but we just open the end of the gazebo, and put a parasol up ... will be fine....... and i'll have a nice tidy garden

Comment

hope rain stays away for the bbq Lynda

Comment

Lynda, that's just dreadful for you. I'm sure it will take you a while to get over that. What is most upsetting in these incidents is the constant thoughts of what drove that poor soul to take such drastic action and what dreadful state are they in now.
        I hope you can find a way to deal with it and my heart goes out to that poor desperate soul.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Gawd blimey, I hope you feel better now. Made me feel ill just reading your posts. Loads of chocolate.

And Heywayne can you post a pic of you in the green thing, I'm sure Lynda can do with a laugh the rest of us won't look - promise
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Only just read of your awful experience Lynda. Not pleasant.
            Just as well you have your garden to hopefully keep your mind occupied. Hope your melons are firming up??
            What about the plants you moved around recently - did they survive??

Comment

Hi Lynda,

Thought I would just check out how you are feeling now, much better I hope
              Hugs
              HF
              x

Comment

yeah, feeling fine ta, can walk down there now, was a bit twitchy to start, but can't avoid it forever can you, i mean, what's the chances of someone else doing the same while i'm walking through.

so yeah, feeling ok, thanks for caring

Comment

Glad to hear that lynda. I still hate driving in lanes as I had an accident on my way to work over 30 yrs ago. Luckily it wasnt serious.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

It will get better with time lynda, promise.

When I was 14 I was walking back from a friends house and just as I neared the shops where my mum lives some Asian fella ran out from the shops and planted his head under the rear wheel of the bus as it was pulling away.

Needless to say there wasn't much left of his head afterwards and I can still hear the noise and the screams (I can even tell you what he was wearing), and the state the driver was in afterwards. It all seemed to happen in slow motion in retrospect.

However, it does get easier and you'll learn to live with it. I used to walk past the place every day to get to school.

Apparently the dude was being adulterous and he was found out and his family disowned him.

Glad you're feeling better, and although you'll probably never forget it - it will numb with time.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Glad your a feeling better,
                      have a good weekend
                      HF
                      x

Comment

Only just picked up on this - aweful, but you seem a strong well humoured person!

I used to live in Preston, the bus depot was a Mecca for jumpers, I didn't witness any but did come back from a visit to parents to find that two doors down on the other side of the road had been the scene of a massacre(3 students in their sleep then the place torched). Some years later in london a friend was 'executed' two doors away. He'd been into hard drugs and not very solvent.....(wasn't aware of this at time but got angry when we started getting funny phone calls).

I hope, with help of loved ones you get over this

Jane

Comment

i grew up in preston jane, at least the bus station is tall enough to kill you

wayne, you have made me feel totally sick, and i had a dream about head crushing buses last night ..... squished brains everywhere yukkkkkk.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                            wayne, you have made me feel totally sick, and i had a dream about head crushing buses last night ..... squished brains everywhere yukkkkkk.
                            Ah, sorry about that!
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

:O:O:O
                              *Hugs*
                              It's so awful you had to see that!
                              "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

We had a similar thing happen here on Weds.He jumped off a bridge over the motorway onto a car and right in front of his 12 year old daughter.
                                Everyone round here is shocked and feels for the poor child
                                The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X