Down in the dumps?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    sorry but the sun out here has been most of the day!! I am happy.... no I work a four on four off shift pattern and have been trying to lift turf to lay a patio for past few weeks when I'm on shift sun shines or at least its dry on days off its pouring!!!

So forecast is rain here for thurs, Fri SAt and Sun

It is nice to see a bit of sun though even if I'm working

Comment

Been painting indoors for the past 2 1/2 weeks with hardly a break
      Occasional trips out to B&Q ( TK MAXX is next door) for more paint.
      OH has been to the lottie, but I've not- weeds galore apparently
      Still the spuds/french beans/marrows(!) are yummy.
      Oh...I did have a day off to empty the freezer of currants and damsons from last year and make loads of jam. ( house smelt of jam instead of paint for a change!)

It's not the rain that's particularly getting to me- it's how DULL it is- almost like a constant twilight .Heating in the evening I can cope with...but lights on during the day in August is just weird!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I said to my daughter that we could go to Whipsnade this week (said this some time ago you understand) and we could take our cameras, split up and see who got the best photos.

She asked me about ten minutes ago whether we were still going, saddened me that I had to say that the weather forecast did not make it seem good.

Whipsnade is a terrible place to go if it's raining. When I was a kid (pre motorways), I remeber we all put chairs in the back of an old van and set off for Whipsnade. Took hours to get there and it started raining, what a dismal day that was but we had to troop round getting soaking wet because Dad had gone to so much trouble to get us there.

Will have to try and think of somethong else to do with young female family member as a dad and daughter thing.
        I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

hi SS

we were going to go to whipsnade tomorrow, but we have cancelled and going to aqua splash and the pics instead, i know what you mean though about going when its raining, it is hell on earth!!

SS

Comment

I think if you wait for good weather in this country before you do something - you can end up never doing it. Get out the wellies and waterproofs and go for it. We plan days out and barbeques and just carry on - we've had some amazing days out in some of the worst weather you can imagine!! And sometimes the weather comes up trumps and you end up river swimming on Dartmoor in April! (No, not me, I'm not that daft!).

Having said all that, I'm feeling quite down with it being so grey all the time.
            Last edited by Comfreyfan; 19-08-2008, 07:43 PM.
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

there is a little light(!) at the end of our dismal tunnel - I managed to get half an hour outside for my lunch today, sitting in sunshine! Fab! Obviously it's p'ing down now so am indoors, but was happy to get out today, even for a short time - just thought I'd share!
              "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

I've finally given in to D & have her fave stew & dumplings for tea!Can't stand it(stew & dumplings~not the weather!!) when it's warm weather but thought as the weather's been pants.....Today the sun decides to shine!Normally it's as soon as I put the washing out it rains,think this way round much nicer!!
                Last edited by di; 21-08-2008, 12:46 PM.
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

This weather makes me depressed too. It's going to seem like a very long winter if we don't get some good weather fast.

Remember the predictions in Spring http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ns_14913.html?
                  Last edited by Tracey; 21-08-2008, 01:08 PM.
                  Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

It's getting to me now, too. Every morning it's grey, grey, grey. If I don't see the sun soon (for more than 10 mins) I'm going to need a SAD lamp.

I'm not motivated to do ANYTHING. If the sun is out it energises me and I'm busy busy busy, but when it's grey I feel like a slug.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X