'I only eat supermarket food'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
    My probably only OCD is when in public loos!!The kiddies aren't allowed to touch anything & I'm one of those nutters that turns of tap with a paper towel~& then(sorry eco warriors!)another one to open the door to get out!!!
    Yet the state the kiddies get in at lottie really doesn't bother me at all~nor the amount of dirt I'm sure we get through from the veg!Must add tho how nice it would be if lottie produce could come home dirt & slug free!!Actually found an earwig lurking in the fridge the other day!But hey a small sacrifice for knowing the veg is fresh/chemical free & ultimately far tastier than the watery stuff from supermarkets!
    Did you know that urine is sterile i.e. no bacteria? We're surrounded by trillions of bacteria, fortunately most of them are harmless and some are even beneficial.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
      Remember how manky the bathwater was when we were kids? Probably something to do with the fact that we played outside all the time and had to get dragged in at night kicking and screaming.
      And only had one bath a week!
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
        Did you know that urine is sterile i.e. no bacteria? We're surrounded by trillions of bacteria, fortunately most of them are harmless and some are even beneficial.
        Not just the urine I'm worried about!!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
          And only had one bath a week!
          Lol, every Sunday night!

Comment

Yes, and get your hair washed. I used to take the radio in and listen to the top 20, those were the days!

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
              All the more for us then .

This may be a bit contentious but I have noticed that new veg growers are concerned about the edibility of their veg if it has a slight deformity or blemish. I think the supermarkets selling their class I produce has a lot to answer for this view that all veg grows perfectly and if not then somehow it is tainted and not fit to eat.
              I'm a new veg grower and I have become much less bothered by the odd blemish and even bugs since I started growing my own. I know what you are saying though, and I was like this when buying from the supermarket... I suppose you expect things to look perfect. The fact that I grew things myself made me determined to eat it... my OH was surprised at the amount of time I spent removing the million caterpillars from my first cauli when based on my past behaviour I would have just thrown it away.
              pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
                I can just see you in a shopping mall Lynda, crouched behind the potted palm.
                wouldn't be the first time

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                  reminds me of when i was at uni, we had to take samples of various places...the toilet pans were virtually bug free
                  and your teatowel/dishcloth/chopping board have more germs than your toilet seat.

I'll eat gritty unwashed veg off the allotment, but I won't touch a public loo flush-handle ... I'll use paper first. Watch who comes out, and most people don't bother washing their hands at all ... old ladies are the worst
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My sisters won't eat allotment veg, they'd rather get it plastic-wrapped and washed from A5da.
                    My Father In Law always told me (loudly) that organic allotment veg is cr@p, all full of holes etc ... but he eats enough of it when he comes round! He even ate a blendered caterpillar in his soup last weekend... well I saw it swimming around in the soup but it was too hot to pick it out so I just ignored it and blendered the lot
                    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 27-08-2008, 06:57 AM.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My sons practically grew up on horse yards, covered in mud, horse poo and the like. I was so shocked when I came home yesterday to find eldest refusing to eat free range eggs cos they had mud on em.
                      Am I mean but I so enjoyed telling him it wasnt mud it was chicken sh1te!
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        My sisters won't eat allotment veg, they'd rather get it plastic-wrapped and washed from A5da.
                        My Father In Law always told me (loudly) that organic allotment veg is cr@p, all full of holes etc ... but he eats enough of it when he comes round! He even ate a blendered caterpillar in his soup last weekend... well I saw it swimming around in the soup but it was too hot to pick it out so I just ignored it and blendered the lot
                        *crying with laughter

that sounds like something my mum used to do, and her soups always used to taste gritty until we found out that the veg from the garden was never scrubbed it used just get a quick swill under the tap and in the pot, dirt and all. tasted lovely tho
                        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                        Bob Dylan

Comment

and your teatowel/dishcloth/chopping board have more germs than your toilet seat.
                          thats why i don't own a dishcloth, never dry the pots, just leave them to drain, and have a glass chopping board.

and i love your caterpillar story, though if i ever come for tea, i'll just have a cuppa please, i think i will notice chopped caterpillars in that

Comment

OOh! Twosheds, you're bad!! But I like you! Tee hee hee!
                            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

My BIL and his latest wife don't "do" fruit or veg, at all!! Funny though how her kids always scoff down their veg when I'm looking after them. Poor little mites look so unhealthy though.
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

lainey lou, I have visions of these kids that look like extras from 'The Village of the Damned' sitting 'round your kitchen table, lol.
                                Last edited by amandaandherveg; 27-08-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X