No announcement yet.

It always makes me cry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't agree more beefy - I once worked on Reception and the phone rang, I let it ring, my boss was very angry - you can guess my response .....
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Even when I drove for a living I pulled over for a minute (motorways and all )
      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
        Even when I drove for a living I pulled over for a minute (motorways and all )
        I do that. Not on motorways, luckily, but wherever I'm delivering I stop fro those 2 minutes. I don't always bother on the official Rememberance Sunday as I always do on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Possibly as it's also my late Dad's Birthday.
        Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Happybunny had a minutes silence in every lesson bar one and at assembly this morning!

Comment

Observed the silence at a group I attend this morning. It was very moving
            Last edited by FionaH; 11-11-2008, 06:59 PM.
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Always gives me a little sniffle too. That's what it's meant to do I guess.
              In relation to the war vet - one of our local papers is carrying a story that a British Legion-er selling poppies in the supermarket had his walking sticks stolen while his back was turned SCUM!!!!!
              Poppy seller?s sticks stolen (From Keighley News)

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                .... SCUM!!!!!
                I can't type the words I'd like to for fear of getting naughty stepped but ..... .... .... ... .... ... ... ....
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Mmmmmm, totally agree. I'm thankful that when my kids saw this story on the front of the paper, they were horrified too!

Comment

Here, this one might cheer everyone up a bit Harry?s Poppy Day mission is a village sell-out (From Keighley News)

Comment

I blubbed watching Rolf Harris last night.

As for the scum, there's too much of it around, national service for those that are caught, send em to Afghanistan - Sorry, venting, going to hide in my corner now
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I am at home with a mate of mine who is still serving. At the appointed our we were in a village participating in a French rememberance service. Here they have the 11th as a bank holiday which I think is a fantastic idea, a real opportunity for everyone to show their respects, and here the whole village took part in the day.
                        I have lost a lot of friends over the years after a full military career, and have been in situations where it could have been me, but nothing I have been subjected to could ever begin to compare with the suffering of the hero's of the 2 great wars.
                        I must confess to having a tear whilst watching Harry Patch and his wreath at the Cenotaph. Very moving
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X