Name that place

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    Went into town today,and had to look twice,a coffee /cafe,with the name THE SLUG AND LETTUCE,i had to laugh,and it seemed fairly busy to,i wonder what made them think that one up,
    Anyone know of more hmm,unusual names.
    There's a Slug and Lettuce in York. Good grub too.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

There are also Funeral Directors in Hull called Boddy's!

Comment

*titter titter* Keep them coming, guys. Especially like the Lovejuice pic, tee hee hee!

Comment

There used to be a Chinese restaurant at the lower end of the Kings Road in London (not that far from a current Slug and Lettuce) called Ho Li Fook.
          Used to make me chuckle
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Where my parents lived the person who signed letters about the rates bills was a Mr Brian Quick......
            I believe there was originally one pub called the Slug and Lettuce, and the name appealed to a 'chain'... There was also a 'rat and carrot', and near here there is a pub called the Rat Trap, allegedly because the landlady got so fed up with customers who didn't pay for their beer she got in the habit of locking them in until they paid up.....
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

in St Albans i remember a builder called underpin and makegood.
              also mr lamb the butcher
              this will be a battle from the heart
              cymru am byth

Comment

our woodwork teacher was called mr woodward ...... and there was a kid in our class called mark woodhouse ........ he used to eat his pencils ...... not chew them he actually ate them.

Comment

After complaints from drinkers at the 'Cemetery' pub in Warrington, Cheshire, (it is opposite the Warrington cemetery) that the name was offputting, some bright wag renamed it 'The Good Companions'.
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

There is a pub in Portsmouth called "The Jolly Taxpayer"

Comment

We had 2 teachers at my primary school called Mr Cane (the head) and Mr Payne. We used to call them Cause and Effect!

Comment

Dragging one up from my dim and distant, we had 2 girls in school, best friends called Sharon Will and Tracey May. At the time I thought nothing of it, however as we grew older ......
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X