Google Ad's - Your Say

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid ad bar.

For gods sake it has just offered me a "Colon Cleansing kit".

How long before it starts offering sexual services?
    Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
    Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
    I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Nothing like clearing out a bit of sh*t in the Autumn!!
      If it frustrates you so much Peter...just resist the temptation to click on the adverts!!! The more you click..the more sucessful they seem to appear.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well I hadnt noticed until you lot started going on about it i thought it was me... looks like from whats been said no one likes it but we are all stuck with it a bit like slugs and couch grass.

Sal

Aunt Sally

Comment

An interesting way of describing it!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

There are some things we should fight against and some things we have to put up with, not sure which category this falls into though.
            Sal

Aunt Sally

Comment

The money from our new advertising methods will go back into the GYO site. I mentioned in the previous thread that we have many exciting ideas for this site, we just need to justify the extra costs...

Dave

Comment

just put it at the bottom of the site, like prety much all other forums. Putting it at the top is ugly, unprofessional and annoying.

Comment

What, there are adverts?
                  Never noticed!
                  You are a child of the universe,
                  no less than the trees and the stars;
                  you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

The ads dont really bother me as I scoot straight past them. The Idea of the forum being upgraded sounds good but please use people off the site who garden in "real" situations using real methods. I want to know how people with limited budgets, space and time get on, not listen to somebody who may have written 30 books but has 3 helpers, is sponsored by Thompson and Morgan and who gardens 5 acres.

The same ethos can be utilised in the magazine, the small article in the mag about my allotment just gave you a peek into my world, a real world that all of you can actually visualise and make some sense of. How cheap would it be David to use your hoards of wild forum veg growers to liase with your article writers to produce some really interesting articles that are new and unique, not regurtitated from another article written 4 years ago. I would love to be involved in that, and boy do I have some ideas.

Another thing about the mag, bin the posh recipes, I am sure we all have loads of cookery books (home grown veg instantly makes you a foody) for that sort of think, bring in those really helpful tips that you dont find in books. Things like making and freezing herb butter, cracking little ideas with pesto, how do you preserve chillies, making passata, herb mash et al, all usefull little ideas that use up our surpluses in easy ways without having to cook a main meal.

You have a 1000 members using the forum, what a resource is that at your disposal, and whats best for me, the forum is still about gardening, not about egos or argueing or the state of the Eu.

Anyway I must lie down (or low) now as I am off for a well earned break in France tommorow where I shall buy lots of le parfait jars, garlic for planting, seeds, cheese, chateauneuf du Pape (2001) and juice as many of my friends cider apples as I can so that when I return I can make cider by the gallon. You could almost make an article out of it Mr Coe?
                    Last edited by pigletwillie; 01-09-2006, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Just found a major probelm which I am sure someone has already said but here goes. When you click on one of the ads it opens over this site when I had finished looking I deleted the window and I had lost where I was on this site
                      Would i normally return, proberbly not and I only returned to right this. Can you make it open into a new window????

Comment

Hi, as a 'newbie' could we have some links to sites which show us how to make our own cloches, net cages etc as not all of us can afford to buy them - also perhaps some links to sites telling us how to pickle and make jams etc? Thanks

Comment

Can i just say i agree 110%with every single thing that Pigletwillie had to say. He hit the nail right on the head with every suggestion he made. Of course we don't want to be lectured by people who perhaps dont have to penny pinch, struggle to find time, economise and all the other thing we ordinary gardeners do to make veg growing feasable.
                          Yes, i would love ordinary recipes from ordinary folk on this site. I think have the joy of veg growing is comparing and getting advice from other ordinary people on this site. If "so called" experts are brought in it will spoil it all. This is an ordinary site for ordinary people. Lets keep it that way.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

pigletwillie have a lovely holiday - hope the weather is kind to you! as for the ads, I do the same and just scoot past them, but having said that have just seen one for lakeland plastics up in windermere (well, their HQ is) - mmmmm know how good their stuff is, may well just have a dabble!....... dexterdog
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I have kind of tuned them out. They are a bit irritating especially when they are non-related and there seems to be a lot of "white space" around them. However it would be a shame to lose the vine due to funding issues. They are fortunately nowhere near as in your face as those on some sites. I did however note a different essential oil supplier. That is one I might try.
                              Bright Blessings
                              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                                For gods sake it has just offered me a "Colon Cleansing kit".

How long before it starts offering sexual services?
                                Well I think it's only fair we get to the bottom of the problem Peter
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X