X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was nasty LJ
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• Have I been blind or has a google bar appeared at the bottom of the first post in each thread now?
      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

• And when this dosen't raise enough money?- one on each post.
        There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefy View Post
          And when this dosen't raise enough money?- one on each post.
          They would never do that

2 blocks per page is enough. I thought that the adverts were temperate but the seem to be staying

Comment

• Madderbat, you can download a free pop up blocker from Google and it works. The ads don't bother me - I just don't look.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley Jay
              No Beefy. Not at all. This is a big, popular and bloody good forum. Forums aren't free to run and the ads help towards the running costs. I would rather put up with a few small ads than lose the forum. I am sure other people will agree with me.
              I totally agree LJ -what would your fan club do without you?
              I didn't mind the adds at the top of the page - you knew where they where and could avoid them.
              I suspect to many people are avoiding the adds and now someone has decided to mix the adds in with the posts in the hope of getting a few stray hits on the adds.
              As to costs of running the vine Dave answered that in post 71 .
              In the three months since that post wev'e had one upgrade in software and no new features so far (I think- apoligies if I'm wrong )
              Any chance of putting a few cards down yet Dave?

Comment

• I might get shouted at for posting this but I am used to it

Why couldn't the forum make the new adverts for non registered members only so Members have less adverts?

Personally I am not bothered (im advert blind) but others do

Comment

• Ok appoligies I stand corrected two upgrades.

Dave said-"The goal of these ad's is to justify the cost of adding new features! New features that are yet to be implemented (the ads have only just gone on). Not maintain the running cost of the grapevine! The maintainance costs, that are already very high (but were not complaining :P), with the new server, software upgrades. Please don't ask us what these features are yet, we're holding our cards close to our chest"

So the adds are not paying for the running costs of the vine but are for features as yet unannounced .Revenue has been gathered for three months ,more space is given to adds and still no features.A lot of people were not happy the last time round and I cant see it any different now.
                  Iv'e said my piece on the matter and am going to leave it alone now.
                  As to your wages LJ heard that Gordon Brown had to increase the National Debt to cover them .

Comment

• YOU GET PAID!!!
                    in carrots i presume.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    Walk lightly on the earth
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can
                    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

• Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                      YOU GET PAID!!!
                      in carrots i presume.
                      carats yoandbob as in diamond carats .Ive seen the fleet of security vans parked in Lymm and the scared lads in them refusing to come out after the delivery of the load. Traumatised for life they are muttering about what they saw inside the walls of Stalag LJ.One fella kept chanting "google is my friend "over and over ,another had his clothes ripped to shreds .When I asked what happened all he would say was "pea cane "
                      Last edited by beefy; 05-01-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Hard to complain when your wearing a bridle LJ . Thats what he told me anyway.

Comment

• Have to say that the new lot of adverts are certainly not obtrusive and we MUST keep moving forward if we want to keep what has to be the BEST gardening forum.
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

• I cant say that they bother me, I dont really notice them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X