This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat back number 19

Hi all a new chat back thread for everyone, keep safe and happy.
    Link to the old thread here.
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...27-chatback-18
    Last edited by burnie; 18-05-2020, 09:25 AM.

Good morning all. We had a little drizzle here earlier but it's gone now.
    For the past week or more my two water butts are completely empty.
    No plans for the day but I am sure I will find something to keep me going.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good morning mild but showery at the moment so not much gardening though I am going to move some of my hanging baskets out to start hardening them off
      I had a look at the previous Chatback thread and cought you post burnie, I doubt that it would be pine Martins, as there are several gray squirrels about and I have seen them jump onto the feeders before and if as you say they don't move about at night there are several hours of daylight before I surface in the morning
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Afternoon n'all.
        Just decided not to go shopping as I have an urgent recall hospital appointment tomorrow so I'll do the shopping afterwards.
        Yippee...more time in the garden today then!
        Last edited by Nicos; 18-05-2020, 10:38 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good morning just....really warm already...hope all gos well the the hospital Nicos.

Comment

Hope everyone is keeping safe

Comment

Hi Greenleaves nice to see you back on, I hope you are keeping safe and enjoying your gardening
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Afternoon
                Weather has been a bit on and off , during the off I did some more seeds (poppy, asters, lambs lettuce and some old beet seeds , even if I get some leaves they can go in salads).
                Had a shuffle between house, greenhouse and outside.
                More rain due later so I think an earlier evening dog walk coming up , we got soaked this morning.
                Northern England.

Comment

I have my baskets out to harden off, now to save me having to lift them in and out I was thinking of covering them with fleece or 2 layers of enviromesh what do you think would be the best way to go

Comment

Afternoon All. Going to try to erect a bean wigwam now I'm home from work. Shopping delivery earlier so better check I got everything right for next door first. Beef stew in the slow cooker since half six this morning. First try while at work so hope it's edible!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                      I have my baskets out to harden off, now to save me having to lift them in and out I was thinking of covering them with fleece or 2 layers of enviromesh what do you think would be the best way to go
                      I've been using fleece Rary, though I'm still watching the weather forecasts just in case

Comment

afternoon all,not a bad day again,Rary keep eye on the forecast,i learned on here,that down t 4 is usually frost,so i would go with fleece if near that,and back inside if below,you not want to loose them now.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Afternoon, all. Hi, GL. Nice to see you again. Hope you're doing well. You too, Nicos. Hope everything OK.

Bit of a miserable and unproductive day today in the end. Won't share - would be a major, not a mini rant - but back on an even keel now. Off to walk the dogs, which is always very cheering.

Catch you tomorrow. Have a nice evening.

Comment

Evening toms, chilli, beans and basil are all in the GH Met office have given lows of 12c tonight so possibly the warmest overnight temp this season.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My tomatoes and peppers are in the greenhouse, still have the cucs and squash in the conservatory.
                              Yes, the temp seems to be up tonight so I have decided not to cover them.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X