Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, dry and overcast here with 50mph winds and heavy rain forecast, better go and tie in any thing climbing just in case. Enjoy the day.

Comment

• Woohoo!!! I've finally had some rain, first since early mid April. Just got to get through till next Friday and these upcoming cold nights, possible down to 4c, then I will, at last, be able to plant everything out. Let my gardening year begin!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Morning
        Cold wind and more rain overnight . Ok I'm ready for the heat to return now thanks..please
        Dogs walked .
        I'd like to get out sowing seeds but it keeps sunshine/showering.
        oh well , on with the day.
        Northern England.

Comment

• We've only had light rain up until this morning and then the heavens opened
          very happy for a proper amount to fall, but it's pretty windy now so best go and check on things here too.
          ( last time we had strong winds up blew over a small apple tree )

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And now hailstones
            Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon all,hope your all well,at last some gentle wet stuff the last few days,yesterday was really cold,had to pop the heating on for a bit,now suns out and warmed up,stay safe and well.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Cold, wet, windy...and now someone has turned out the lights... the sky is so dark I wouldn't be surprised if we're in for a storm!
                Good idea about the heating lottie -I'll sneak ours on for an hour and see if OH notices!

Comment

• Afternoon all. Bright here at the moment, but temperatures have dropped, thank goodness.

D described yesterday's rain as 'biblical'. He ain't seen nothing yet... With any luck he never will.

Visited ENT consultant this morning. I've gone deaf and could hardly hear a word. Certainly recognised and felt the scissors as they shot up my nose to grab whatever wadding was up there. Extremely painful, but glad it's gone. He says my hearing will come back. Fingers crossed. I think he was glad to see the back of me. Took his prescription to chemist's. They could not read a single word on it. So he had his come-uppance because I had to phone him and tell him (after I'd already told phone operator and two of his assistants) and please could he spell out what he'd written. That was a palaver seeing as I could barely hear. But the chemist was right, the words he spelled out looked nothing like what he'd written down.

Hope all well, especially in the land of Rarydom. Catch you tomorrow, guys.

Not done much this afternoon. A lot of sleeping, to be honest. But definitely needed it.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Very breezy here and we did have a few showers but not even an inch in the buckets.
                    Had a nice walk to the post office.
                    pottered in the garden and greenhouse this afternoon tying up the tomatoes.
                    DID I mention, we had tomato sandwiches for lunch, home grown.
                    Anyway, just thought I would mention it..
                    Hope you feel and hear better tomorrow Snoop.
                    Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening
                      Have you had a nasal polyp snoop? Sounds like what I had done yrs ago .
                      Between hail showers and blustery wind i sowed seeds.
                      100 steps short of 19000 today, I'm feeling it.
                      We have the wood burner on again, had it on last night too.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Having had a very restless night I finally got up and made myself a mug of tea....and lo and behold -what did I see?....Yup a full moon

Is it really a whole month since I mentioned that?

*'tootles off to have her cuppa....

Comment

• Morning All.
                          Hope you're feeling better today Snoop, the operation sounds pretty grim. Agree Nicos, lovely bright moon last night and where did the last month go, it's flown by.
                          Belated birthday wishes FF, sorry I missed it. Bramble, your own toms already, I am very impressed
                          Didn't get to have a go with the new muck fork the other day, Mrs B nabbed it, I'm quite happy to continue with old one though and pleased for her to have something new ..
                          Cold and windy here again today (could do with your woodburner CG). Temp says 8C but feels like 4, just popped the heating on.

Enjoy your day
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                            Bramble my Tom's are just starting to grow
                            Another cold windy day here too MrB and showers in the forecast. Brrr.
                            It's gone a bit dark , better get out walking .
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, still wild wet and windy, I can't see any serious damage, I put the hanging baskets on the floor so the wouldn't get blown about so much, will go and water the greenhouse next and have a proper look around. Take care and stay safe all.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                                A much more respectable time eh?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X