What book you reading ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi again All,
    I forgot thinking outside the box posting on here but if anybody ever comes across the following:-

Bristol Hercules Aero Engine -VI / XVI Overhaul book Vol.2

Pleas get in touch as this will very much help with getting the stagnated restoration of a Bristol Beaufighter that has been languishing on the back burner at DUXFORD airfield for many years.

This is because of the lack of 1st -Correct engines ( Literally Hens teeth ), 2nd:- A solution has been found to this however the required book has not plenty of Vol.1's but sadly no Vol. 2's

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 19-09-2024, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,
      Eight chapters into The Dangerous Edge by Tim Renton. I think it's meant to be a political thriller so far more politics than thrill though.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	71jd0sduqNL._SY342_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	2585811

When two British aid-workers are taken hostage in Beirut, the Government devises a plan to rescue them. Working on intelligence reports, they send fighter aircraft to intercept an airliner en route to Libya with orders to shoot it down if it refuses to divert to British-occupied territory.

EDIT:- He should stick to politics as the book features heavily on this, IMPO the books cover should really have the Houses Of Parliament prominent with a Tornado F.3's (Aircraft mentioned in book) flying as it were above them and not an F-16 with a pilots image like above, gives you the wrong impression of what the book features, again IMPO.
      (Yes I know knit picking!)

Geoff.
      Last edited by 1batfastard; Today, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,
        Just about to start Three Mothers (And A Camel) by Phyllida Law haven't a clue as to what genre Phyllida writes normally but I'll usually give anything a bash to expand what little brain I have...,
        Click image for larger version  Name:	9780007485871.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	2585946

A single-volume edition of two hugely charming and funny memoirs of family life - 'Notes to my Mother-in-Law' and 'How Many Camels Are There in Holland?' - by the inimitable Phyllida Law. Phyllida Law's treasured mother-in-law Annie was the lynchpin of the entire family, so when they realised she was growing ever more deaf the only solution was for Phyllida to note down all the day's gossip for Annie to read. When her own mother Mego - always deliciously dotty - was diagnosed with dementia late in her life, Phyllida devoted herself to Mego's care, on hand to keep the cottage tidy and prepare a medicinal G&T. And all the while Phyllida had to manage her busy acting career and bring up her own daughters, the actresses Emma and Sophie Thompson. Complete with wonderful new material from Phyllida, Emma and Sophie, this single-volume edition of Phyllida Laws's two enchanting memoirs of family life - 'Notes to my Mother-in-Law' and 'How Many Camels Are There in Holland?' - is a tender and sweetly comic story of mothers, daughters, a malfunctioning hearing aid and a most peculiar question about camels ...

Geoff.
        Last edited by 1batfastard; Today, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• A light hearted one at the moment.

talk to the SNAIL by Stephan Clarke

A light hearted description of French attitudes.
          It was written in 2006 so a bit dated now, but many things still hold true.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X