Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been a pig this afternoon. I realised that I hadn't opened any doors on my Advent calender since the 3rd. So I thought I'd catch up a bit. A "big bit" as it turns out. I hope I still have enough room for my Yorkshire pudding.

Comment

• Afternoon

Your wreath does look pretty Nicos.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, though the frost has shifted it still feels very cold, when walking up for the paper this morning I still had to watch where I was walking as several areas were still icy under foot, when I came back down I decided to give the car a bit of a wash, not because I like to keep it clean, more due to whenever I touched it my hands got very dirty off it, unfortunately it took me about 3/4 of an hour to get the water through it so when I finally got the water through I gave it a wash but was too cold to shampoo it, (will let OH do it tomorrow.) went I for a heat then went out to the greenhouse only to discover all my flower plants have seccumbed to the frost, so need to start looking through the seed catalogues, off now to read my book, so keep warm and safe and keep smiling. Goodnight
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all,yes i am awake,that looks lovely Nicos,i see the fruit you dried is included lovely,GF you only did what anyone would have done,i might have been tempted to advance as well,Bramble that sound a great project that has been created near you,well done all involved,yesterday evening went very well,out again later,washing machine now on the go again,son defrosted it last night,i also have some cooking,and cakes to be ice ASP,i have no time to get bored have i,shame about your plants Rary,my poly is the same,at least i can clear it it out when time and weather permit,have a good day everyone and stay safe
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

Another icy cold day here, I've got the slow cookers on and soon that will fill the house with tempting smells, It makes dinner time seem a long wait

Wrap up warm and enjoy your day.

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 18-12-2022, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A frost again here but nothing like as thick as earlier in the week. We're forecast snow (87%) for 11am. We shall see. At the moment the sky is all wrong but there is time for things to change.

I put the butter to freeze yesterday for Christmas puddings so I have no excuse for not making them today. I'll probably cook them this evening when I can shut the kitchen door and open the window as the steamers produce a lot of steam in a few hours.

Somehow I missed the photo of your wreath Nicos. It looks great. I hope it lasts well.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Its lashing rain here and as dark as night.
                off to church shortly but otherwise no plans.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                  Coldest night last night…hit -11.7C and it’s suddenly much warmer and we have fine drizzle. Really lovely whilst it lasted, but that was long enough.
                  What a wonderful project bramble.
                  Always room for Yorkshire pud gf!
                  How are your gums today lottie?….don’t hold off getting antibiotics if you think it’s getting infected - you can’t mess with mouth infections X

I Best get something out of the freezer to cook for tonight. Thank goodness for freezers and microwaves. I’ll cook in the woodstove.

Keep warm and safe peeps…the warmer weather is on its way with Snoop/ rary’s smiles…..Looks like Mr Snoop is doing a grand job of looking after them!
                  Last edited by Nicos; 18-12-2022, 10:26 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Me again,Nicos the bottom one is ok,the top side is dodgy,am just seeing how things go,but i do not want antibiotics,as i have anything but fond memories of a few months ago,i leave things a few more days,i am sure 2 more in the area should have come out,as long as i can mush my crimbo dinner to eat,i will be fine,if anything is brewing and not just the bruising,am sure it will show its hand in a few days,anyway,onwards and upwards,will look in later,or tommorow,we had a few flakes of snow,then it stoped,stay safe
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

OH is watching the footie - he’s not a footy fan but there’s enough testosterone in the room to plough a field ….and ongoing……

Comment

• Not being a footie/ footy fan….how do you actually spell footie/y

Comment

• I don't know how you spell it ....but I will vouch for the testosterone overload. Mr GF was on the side of France after I reminded him of the great times we'd had there..... lifelong Francophile here.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            What a change in the weather, it's really mild this morning and we've had some rain. Nothing planned for today as I'm playing it by ear while my mum is still not well.
                            Kettle's on for another brew if anyone else is awake.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Its raining here as well MH its better than the snow or frost so I happy at that.

Once its dried up a bit I've some frosted plants I want to compost but thats it for the garden today.
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-12-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.

When I got up I didn't do my normal trick of turn up the heating and sneaking back to bed for a while. I should have done. It says it is actually 10°C here but doesn't look or feel it. Looking out of the windows is positively depressing. It is so dark and wet. We never got any of yesterday's forecast snow, in fact it stayed cold and dry until well into the afternoon. Mr GF coaxed me into going and fetching him a newspaper before the non-existent snow arrived but that was as far as I ventured.

He did watch the second half of the footie while I eventually got round to making Christmas puddings. They are cooked now and the ones for giving away are waiting to be wrapped.

I think a present wrapping binge today which is actually a job I enjoy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X