Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all,was awake earlier,got some rough puff pastry preped,now resting,after this post i have to make myself go out and shop,it is so bloomin misserable out there,but like Bren said,better than what we just had,i realy enjoyed last nights carol service,i met more famiy and friends,lovley people,i am floating on happiness,i feel like a silly teen,not my age,MH i hope your mom picks up bless her,have a lovely day all,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• t add,we had a thin covering of snow,yesterday,it soon went and the wet arrived,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Loads of sploshy windy stuff here too. All the white has gone.

Sending hugs to your mom MH, hopefully she’ll be feeling much improved by weekend.

Not sure what today will entail.
        We’re waiting for our peanut delivery. Just in time too as we’ve almost run out. Our garden was clearly ‘Buffet Central’ over the past few days. It’s been a joy watching them all tuck in.
        A couple of nights ago we had a fox licking up dropped seed/ nuts. Poor thing must have been hungry. Thank goodness we have electrified mesh fencing around our chooks
        What ever you are up to, enjoy your day. Lottie - you are an inspiration x

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all, dull and rainy but mild.
          We have been invited to our grandsons gymnastic display, he is only 4, so we must go and cheer him on.

Mothhawk, hope your mums health improves it must be such a worry,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• That’s going to be so sweet bramble - I’m a bit out of touch…what can 4 year olds do?…rolls, jumps, tiptoes,spins…. Awww….enjoy!

Comment

• Afternoon

Bramble enjoy your grandsons display, he’s going to be scanning the audience to see who’s there.

Been out to the Co-op this afternoon and there’s still no loose leaf tea we’ve tried the 3 nearest stores so we now have tea bags. It’s really hard not to use the strainer
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• having a brake,done 48 small sausage rolls,and some fruit tray bake,and a slab of pastry scraps,with cheese black pepper and a sprinckle of basil,then i got another same things again,with the other preped pastry,so i had better get a shuftu on before he arrives,he likes my cooking ,

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  That’s going to be so sweet bramble - I’m a bit out of touch…what can 4 year olds do?…rolls, jumps, tiptoes,spins…. Awww….enjoy!
                  Nicos, yes, all of those things and more..They walk a low beam good for balance. Use low parallel bars for strength training, jumpingvthrough hoops and some climbing.
                  Also learning to mix, play and share with others.It has certainly built his confidence as he is the only child in the family, with all the other grandchildren grown up.

And Bren, yes, he was watching the door to see if we were coming...A lovely afternoon.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bramble it sounds as if you enjoyed his efforts as much as he did. It's great when anyone has an appreciative audience. The first time I ever got it was in my twenties and I will never ever forget it (workmates, a snooker tournament). To have an appreciative family must be amazing. To be fair however Mr GF has always been my biggest supporter but I didn't meet him until I was in my thirties.

I did bits I had to do this morning and then signed up for full fibre broadband this afternoon with someone who knocked on the door. I then of course panicked that I was being taken for a ride but after checking the company out and being very sensible afterwards (20/20 hindsight) I'll let you all know how it goes in January.

Comment

• Evening.

Bramble it sounds the perfect activity for him

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Loads more splashy stuff overnight. Gosh it’s dark out there still.
                        Shortest day tomorrow?

Aw bramble - that sounds sweet. So exciting for them all to be able to feel proud of themselves. Pure joy.

Lottie!…we all like your cooking…He’s a lucky man
                        I really fancy a sausage roll now. Not had one for years.

But talking of baking, I need to make more mince pies. OH made the ginger biscuits - he found a recipe he fancied making and they have turned out to be amazing. Fortunately he’s frozen some of the uncooked dough so we won’t need to eat 100 of them over the next few days!
                        What with those, mince pies and stollen, Xmas is very much under way in this house.

I started an Agatha Christie book last night so I may hunker down next to the fire today….
                        What's everyone else up to?

Comment

• Morning

Its going to be a dry day here today so I'll be tidying up the garden its been neglected with the weather and maybe going for a walk, but we'll see what comes up.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I think we might actually get a bit of sun when it deigns to get out of bed. The days are really short at the moment. Afternoons are pretty much non-existent.

.....I had to break off there as the breadmaker was beeping. The smell had lured me out of bed I think. I'm already looking forward to a salmon sandwich at lunchtime (leftover deliberately from last night's meal)

I've got to go to the doctor's surgery this morning for blood tests and then I think a grory hop.....hopefully the last one before Christmas. I just hope it's reasonably quiet. I cannot understand how some people eat the food mountains that they buy at Christmas unless they are feeding the entire street. The only difference in my shopping Christmas week tends to be extra cream and a big joint of meat. Even I am organised enough to have sorted everything else.

Enjoy your Agatha Christie book, Nicos. Many years ago Mr GF went to a car boot sale and returned with every single book she'd ever written. He bought them as a job lot for me and I enjoyed wading my way through them.

See you all later.

Comment

• Good morning all
                              Bright and sunny here at 7 degs.
                              I have to go into town this morning to pick up the last two Christmad gifts
                              Hopefully I will gave tine for a walk later.

Its years since I read an Agatha Christie book, enjoy Nicos.

Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm back home and the fridge is full again. The supermarket was really busy which is unusual for a Tuesday. The one thing that I couldn't buy was fresh double or whipping cream with a long enough date .... a trip to the Sainsbury's local mini-market should sort that out in a couple of days. I don't want to miss out on brandy cream to go with my Christmas pudding. Weirdly my shopping bill was a fiver less than normal. I'm still trying to work out what I didn't buy...... judging by the tightly packed fridge....not a lot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X