Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home from my trip to town and even managed to squeeze in a walk.
    It was a beautiful day weathereise.
    Wrapping up my last few gifts now so I am well pleased with the day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We’re off to do our final grory hop on Thursday.
      First to the local market, ending up at lunch time in a mega supermarket which I’m hoping will be really quiet.
      My list is ready but no doubt a few impulse purchases will land up in the trolley

I’ve had a lovely quiet day!
      Finished my book, did some family tree research ( my grandpa’s grandpa worked in a salt factory boiling and scraping at the salt floating on the surface. Appalling work apparently - but weren’t most industrial jobs in those days)
      Then a nice soak in the tub. A much needed calm day. Bliss.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve bought mince pies so we’re ready for Christmas just need to buy the usual supermarket shop later in the week.
        It’s been mild here today so more people out and about it did make a nice change.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, just a quick visit, not been feeling that well the past 2 or 3 days and couldn't keep anything down, but on the mend now though feeling a bit tired, but thought I would give a quick post then back to bed, had a glance through some of the previous posts and beginning think I might be a lot younger than I feel just now, as I get put through the hoops by OH, just like brambles grandson, though nobody comes to see me going through them I wish you all a goodnight and remember to pass on the smiles
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all,how lovely bramble ref your little grandson bless him,i have been out most of the day again,another nice long walk,it has been very mild today,i have not needed the heating on when i have been at home,even when i had my shower about 8.30 am,most unusual,my life just gets better,tommorow evening is an out door carol service,so looking forwards to that,hope snoop is enjoying her time over here,hahaha Nicos sorry for rousing your taste buds,we are both very lucky to have found what we have together at our time of life,i cut a bit out the christmas cake to day,is nice,i want to other cakes for next weekend1 each of choc,coffee walnut,and coconut,they are 4 layes of cake slaped together with butter cream,something for eveyone,then i have a tiramisue to do for christmas day,a special request from my family,and some for my man,i will be having an earlier night again tonight,sweet dreams all
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Wow lottie - you’re exhausting me just reading about your day!

Rary!…sorry to hear you’re not feeling too well. I hope you were wearing your goose fat brown paper vest when you were out in the cold washing your car? My granny said they worked a treat
              The upside though of having a jippy tummy now is that you’ll be able to eat more over Xmas without putting on as much weight! Still, I hope it settles quickly x

I’ve been up and about for a couple of hours…couldn’t sleep for some reason. Must be all the excitement of the run up to Xmas
              Actually, I had planned to try and watch sunrise and sunset today. Never made the effort before on the shortest day. Having said that, it’s cloudy! Roll on the longer days eh?

Anyone fancy a brew?…I’ve already had a couple but always up for another one!…

Comment

• Morning all.
                Ta for the brew, Nicos, i was just ready for another

Some flowers from my sister should have been delivered yesterday but never arrived. Hope they don't turn up while I'm doing the grory hop this morning. The trouble with other people sending gifts is that the recipient has no tracking. I expect my sis will have an update, but as she is 5 hours behind us, she won't be awake till about 1pm our time. So I can't ask her for an update yet!

Rary, hope you are fighting fit again for Christmas, or Hogmanay at the very least

All the cakes sound delicious, Lottie. Your family are in for a treat.
                Have a good day all.

edit - and yippee! Shortest day, Summer's coming!
                Last edited by mothhawk; 21-12-2022, 06:57 AM.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Hair cut this morning the a couple of things to drop of at the charity shop.

Hope you soon feel better Rary.

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  edit - and yippee! Shortest day, Summer's coming!
                  MH it feels like the countdown to summers started, something to look forward to.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,had another good long sleep,are in for another wonderfull day ,i have now to get a passport for the first time in my life,how wonderfull is that,my dreams only get better,rary and snoop smiles has merged into a superpower,and long may they roam to other with their joy,right better come back to earth and get organized to be picked up,have a lovely day day all,and hope some of the magic comes your way
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Passport lottie?…..Yey!!!!…go girl

Those smiles are really having a great time xxxx

Comment

• Good morning all. A good night's sleep 😴 which is always a bonus. The sun is shining and the car is thawing. It's great to think we are heading back to Summer again.

Mothawk, I know what you mean about the recipient of a gift and tracking. It's annoying.

Rary, I hope you're feeling better now. I can't imagine you smothering yourself in goose fat ....just because it's so expensive these days....probably lard and brown paper. I suggest a couple of hot toddies instead to make you feel better. .....

Lottie, it sounds as if you're going to have a great Christmas this year....enjoy it.

I've got to go to the chemist's again this morning. The doctor's has already got my blood test results from yesterday and sent a prescription to the chemist's.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          What a beautiful sunny morning for the shortest day,
                          Taking a trip to the florist and the garden centre to pick up some flowers for the family graves.

Rary, I hope you're feeling better soon, I do believe there is a vomiting virus on the rounds.

Lottie, getting a passport, you will have to let us know where you're flying off to,

MH, hope your flowers turn up ok.
                          My sister used send flowers every year and it was always a worry until they arrived.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lottie, a passport!! I hope you get to travel to somewhere exciting.
                            🌍🌎🌏✈🚢

Comment

• Me again. Oh Yum! Just had a knock on the door. The son of an old man I gave some Christmas cake to last week. He came bearing gifts.....a couple of still warm pork pies from a local prize winning butchers.

Just decided......I'm going to go and hide the bathroom scales until after New Year.

Comment

• am ready and waiting,just dug some parsnips up for gifts,will tell later in the new year before May, ,at the mo am just got me head in the clouds,you see there is no age limit to happines and exitement,grab life with everything you got and go for it,i am sure i will have a great 80th in 9 months time,catch you later,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X