Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick good morning then I'm off on the Grory hop hope it won't be too busy be back later.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Market and grory hop for me too Bren.
      Its amazing how much warmer it is…

Anyone fancy a brew?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Hairdressers for me this morning.
        Dull and misty rain so it will be no hardship to sit in having my hair done.
        Catch you all later,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. It doesn't feel too warm here, 4°C and it's wet. One of my sisters just sent me a text saying DPD are delivering me a parcel between 1.30 and 2.30 and has forwarded me the text she got so that I can track it......and the tracking is working. I don't want to tempt fate🤞🤞🤞 but all the delivery companies seem to be doing better than last year.....I'm remembering my belated curtains.

I slept really badly last night and feel absolutely shattered this morning so don't feel much like doing anything yet. I've a couple of things to deliver this morning and I might see if the mini Sainsburys has got any double cream with a long enough date to see me through Christmas.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 22-12-2022, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Is everyone having a lie in?

Wakey, Wakey!!

A grey, wet day again here and only 4°C so far. I got my parcel yesterday, M & S flowers. They arrived on time but the flowers weren't as good quality as ones I've received from M & S in the past.

Today I'm calling to drop off presents for my two sisters and their families in a nearby town.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Wet and blustery this morning.
              We bought everything in yesterday food wise for the festive season.

Strangely they don’t have Boxing Day as a Bank Holiday here - and if a Bank Holiday falls on a weekend then the day isn’t moved on as a day in lieu onto a weekday. Tough.
              So…everyone in shops etc work as usual on Xmas Eve ( closing at 5pm instead of 7pm) , then have Xmas Day off , then back to work as usual on Monday Same for New Years Day. So basically no weekdays off at all this year for Xmas nor New Year.

We’re heading off as it gets dark in the camper to take mulled wine and festive nibbles to a friend’s garden…. fairy lights, Xmas tree and all.

Other than that I guess I’ll be making a few festive nibbles today!

What’s everyone up to?

Comment

• Didn’t see you there gf!
                Glad your flowers arrived. Pity about the quality though. I usually send a bunch via them to my daughter and daughter in law but decided not to this year. Maybe that was a good call.

Comment

• A most miserable morni g, lashing rain and as dull as ditch water.
                  The festive grory hop for us this morning,
                  Then I think we are all sorted for the big day,

Nicos, that sounds like a lovely evening, enjoy it.
                  Catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Good that your flowers arrived GF. Were they handed to you, or just abandoned on the doorstep? That has been my experience with DPD. We've had some M&S flowers came on Wednesday, Tulips and hyacinths, and the tulips were so limp, literally hanging down over my fist, that I was convinced they were dying and no chance of recovery. Miraculously the next morning they were all standing up straight as soldiers. The box was battered, but at least the driver rang the bell this time. (He didn't wait though). My complaint last time must have had a small effect.
                    And they were a day late.......
                    Last edited by mothhawk; 23-12-2022, 11:11 AM.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,what a misserable day out there,Nicos that sounds lovely hope you all have a good time,had a baking session this morning,when cooled of they can get slap together with butter cream,2 each of,choc,coffee walnut,coconut lemon,all together that was 12 tins worth,am having a rest just now as they cool,i feel like having a nap actually,but doubt i will have time,also need a few last bits,where has the year gone christmas eve tomorrow,have a good day everyone
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

Wet, windy weather that’s here for the day. So I made soup for lunch.
                        Good the hear your flowers arrived G F hopefully they’ll look better after they’ve had a good drink.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I must say the flowers do look quite a lot better today. I think they were desperate for a good drink, but there were flower heads in the bottom of the box when I got them.

DPD dropped them at the door and knocked but by the time I got to them he was back in his van and we just exchanged waves. Having seen the number of drops he had it must have been nigh on impossible to fit them in.

My very last presents are wrapped now I'm happy to say. Some had been waiting for Christmas puddings.

Nicos your evening sounds lovely, hopefully not too cold.

Comment

• Good evening.

I am currently laughing at Mr GF's discomfort. He was reading out loud an article in the newspaper by his favourite chef, "Nigella" ( I am NOT a fan). Evidently her latest advice is that we should ditch the starter on Christmas day because of the obscene overindulgence. I just let him carry on preaching from the " bible" according to Nigella and then eventually said, "Fine, no Yorkshire puddings then, no problem". Suddenly Nigella has dropped down his rankings...... Sorry, I can't stop laughing.

Comment

• HAHAHA,i like that one GF,i think thats me done for now,also slaped the icing and a bit of decor on the 2 christmas cakes for the family,all i got to do now is,clean the mess up,and put things away ,i have been on most of the day,i have to do it tonight,as i have a quick dash to the shops for cream,for the 2 x tiramisue's,then be ready to see my man,then its church at midnight with some family,and somewhere inbetween maybe washing,i need another days notice for christmas day ,i have a busy shedule of late,no time to get bored,any cleaning can go on a vacation till new years eve,i ache everywhere,siting just now with coffee,heavily sedated with Baylis instead of milk MMMMMMMMMM,have a good evening all,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

Just warming up in front of the fire. We had a great evening!
                                You do make me giggle gf!
                                Lottie - do try and rest up a bit of you can - it’s exhausting trying to keep up with you
                                No cleaning for me either until after new year. Well maybe a quick vac. Bedding changed today so I can forget about that too!
                                Tomorrow I’ll be putting up fresh holly and mistletoe as it’s all dried out already.
                                I just want to start off the jelly for the Boxing Day trifle too…and prep a few veg so there’s less to do on Xmas morning.

Nearly here folks…no stresses, what will be will be !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X