This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eww gf…not a nice job to have to do

You might not be aware but B&Q sell an Express Drain Cleaner which is a high pressure air cylinder ( and plunger) for clearing pipes and loos. I always have at least one in stock in case there is a problem in one of the gites. Not particularly cheap but you can buy refills.

The last sink I had to unblock was jammed tight with cooked rice …and that was bad enough.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^Touch wood it's the first blockage since we had this kitchen fitted ..... about 15 years ago. I don't know what it was....just brown gunge.....not particularly smelly...... but I'm blaming Mr GF....of course.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Surely not Xmas Cake crumbs gf ?

Looks like a nicer day out there today for me. The wind and rain have dropped at least!
        Might pop out in the camper van…..we need a quick grory hop at the same time, so that’s my excuse to grab my book and a picnic….

Anyone fancy a brew?

Comment

• Morning

A dry windy day here I'm of on a Grory hop this morning not to sure after that.

Poor MrGF blaming him and his cake crumbs I'm sure he wouldn't let any of his cake go to waste including those last few crumbs.

Enjoy your outing Nicos.

Be back later.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon. We've been out to get Mr GF a paper and other little jobs. I've been in full-blown domestic goddess mode and have given a vacuum everywhere, I'd love to know where all the muck and crumbs come from. The vac filters are now washed as well.

Thinking about my blocked sink I'm feeling a bit guilty and wondering if a lot of the gunge might have come from when I was soaking and washing seed trays and plant pots in the kitchen sink over the summer and Autumn..... Maybe back to the old method of washing them in an old mop bucket and emptying it outdoors.

It is cold and windy here but has stopped raining for now.

I hope you get your picnic, Nicos.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 29-12-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              It was a cold breezy day here.
              We decided to go out for the day.
              We took the train the next county and went around the shops looking for bargains.
              Hubby got a nice pair of trousers and a sweater.
              Had a bit of lunch and got home about four o clock.

Hope your picnic went well Nicos.

Glad you got your sink fixed GF.a lesson to us all..

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

A wet and windy start to the day its supposed to be clearing this afternoon so i'll be able to rake up the last of the leaves. I get some gathering behind the front wall that come from 2 streets away really easy to rake and bag up. Sop

Sounds like a good day out for you and MrBramble.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  It's not a bad morni g but we have a wi d warning g for later in the day,
                  We have no plans as yet so we will play it by ear.

Thanks Bren, yes it was a good day, so Stones it's good to do something different,

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Another cold wet and windy day.
                    And yes!…we did go for the picnic ​​​​​​ it was lovely and sunny and we parked up next to the river. Gosh it was full and fast flowing .
                    Sounds like you had a good day out too bramble!

Domestics for me today as it’s ‘indoor weather’ . I think I’m becoming more and more of a fair weather gardener I must ask Rary about that!

Time for a brew anyone?…it’s always time for a brew…..

Comment

• Afternoon

The rain stopped so I’ve been out for flour/yeast and a stroll around the charity shops. We have 5 of them within a 10 min walk of our house so plenty to look at.

Comment

• Oooh….5 of them?…wow, I now have charity shop envy. I used to love wandering around them with my mom.
                        Last time we were in the uk I called into one, and whilst OH was looking at books, I spotted the childrens’ books section - all at 10p each…and came away with some lovely, almost new, fun yet educational books for my granddaughter.
                        Books here are incredibly expensive so you can imagine how thrilled I was! ….10 almost new books for £1

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

First up?…I best get the kettle on then

No celebrations for us tonight…if we are wide awake around midnight then we’ll see the New Year chimes in…if not then we’re not so bothered.
                          I prefer to celebrate by having a lovely meal on NewYears Day instead.
                          Tis a big thing here ( more so than Xmas ) so no doubt there’ll be fireworks to hear
                          What are peeps up to to celebrate?

Comment

• Morning

Just a usual Saturday evening here, we'll have wine with our meal then later on watch fireworks through the window.

Comment

• Good morning....and what a horrible one.....cold, wet and foggy. I'm sure our reservoirs must be full again by now. It seems to have done little other than rain for months.

I've got charity shop envy too now. There used to be a large one in a local industrial estate with lots of parking but it closed down. Now they seem to all be in the city centre, amid the cafes and bars and opticians, in the pedestrian zones with non existent or expensive parking. It's hard to believe we used to have a thriving city centre and indoor and outdoor markets.

It's New Year's Eve. I ought to be thinking about resolutions I suppose but experience has taught me that it's generally a waste of time.

Off to make more coffee now.

Comment

• Good morning alll
                                Dull and dreary here but no rain.
                                We have no plans to go out tonight.
                                My close friends are both away visiting family.
                                We will have a nice dinner with wine and toast in the new year with our next door neighbour.
                                Hope everyone else has a good evening.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...