This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

3°C here. I've just watched my neighbour de-icing his car though. Sunny spells forecast for today.

I think a quick trip to Sainsbury's later for the things I couldn't get while doing the grory hop yesterday, particularly Mr GF's favourite yoghurt again. Of course I'm sure a few of my favourite goodies might just jump into my trolley🤫😉.

Bren, what sort of crackers do you make? It's something I've never tried.

Comment

• Morning all. Dull this morning. Off out to have a tour of Glasgow Central Station. I’ve only had the tickets 3 years but with one thing and another this is the first chance we have had to use them. Looking forward to it.
      Hope you all have a lovely day. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny yet again, but clouds forecast. Your trip sounds interesting Jay, enjoy. I'll let you know later Bren. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Happy baking, Flo. I use silicone paper and it's miles better than greaseproof. Hope it works well for you.

Enjoy your trip out, Jay.

Rary, you are a marvel.

So, as for here, plenty of snow on the ground. After he's cleared the accessible solar panels (not the ones on the roof), Mr Snoop is off out with the dogs for a reccy to see if he can see any trees blocking our drive. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess along the dirt tracks. Won't be going anywhere for a day or two in any event. This is Frankie's first experience of snow and he doesn't like it. He's keen to go out but as soon as you open the door, he has a shouting fit. The smiles found it alarming at first and then hilarious. Not much stops them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Plenty of work to be getting on with.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Bren, what sort of crackers do you make? It's something I've never tried.
            GF they're sourdough crackers very tasty and moreish heres a link.

https://www.westoftheloop.com/2017/0...dough-cracker/

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Its 5 degs and dry here.
              Off out to the hairdressers shortly.
              Catch you all later.
              Have a good day

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I can smell my stew already.

I popped into the medium size Sainsbury's earlier (We have a vast one in the town centre that I hate....too big, wrong place, mini local ones and my favourite the "big Sainsbury's of the 70s" that got shut down about 10 years ago when the vast one opened and they had to then reopen due to the fact that they lost most of their customers. They still had Mr GF's favourite yoghurts on offer, but as expected other items jumped into my trolley. As I didn't have much I decided to use the self checkout - I no longer avoid them like I used to. When I got to an empty one there was already over £70 to pay on the screen. I called over the assistant....some kind of scam? She managed to sort it out.

Home now. Although it's 9°C the breeze is chilly.

Comment

• I can't remember the last time I went into any shops, I don't miss it either, it's amazing what you can get on line. I bet Mr GF will be a happy bunny now you've managed to get his yoghurt

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Bramble

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      I can't remember the last time I went into any shops, I don't miss it either, it's amazing what you can get on line. I bet Mr GF will be a happy bunny now you've managed to get his yoghurt
                      I must admit that I do like to see what I am buying but because of lack of convenient and/or cheap or free parking near the shops (Mr GF can't walk far, but refuses point blank to use a wheelchair) I am having to buy more things online. Nearly all our city centre is pedestrianised.

I have just been looking online for a birthday present for one of my nieces. She has a young toddler. I have eventually ordered a couple of the thornless hanging basket/planter blackberry plants as I think her son will love picking and eating them. Her birthday is this month so she'll probably just get a picture of them and growing instructions on her birthday as they're not due for delivery until the end of March.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                        . As I didn't have much I decided to use the self checkout - I no longer avoid them like I used to.
                        I don't use self checkout, as I recon it does away with jobs, as well as killing social interaction, I was a checkout operator with Tesco for a time and they had a policy of opening all available checkout if ques were forming, there were several times when the checkout supervisor put on additional tills and told customers they could move to other tills but a good number of times the customers said they were quite happy to wait, I like to think it was because I always spoke to people, I don't think my bad counting had anything to do with it🙄
                        I was told 3 or 4 times at the start my checkout speed needed to improve, but it never did, and when I gave in my notice, I was asked to stay on, but I felt there were younger folk more in need of a job.

​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• A dry but cold day here today, there's a right bitting wind blowing which drops the temperature quite a bit, went up the town this morning to put some pots and pans and a bag of books into the local charity shop, the pot and pans were welcome but they no longer take in books as they have no space for them, are people going off reading books nowadays, I will try another couple of charity shops and if they don't take them I will just have to put them out for recycling, what a waste. Once back home I made lunch before going to get the dogs and taking them a walk, while out I noted a number of new moudy hills so once I dropped the dogs off I went back and filled a couple of carrier bags, so that will help when I sow seeds, just back home and one of the grandsons phoned to let me know he had missed the school bus, so headed over and picked him up, when dropping him off I asked my son if he was going to use a large iron half basket that I had given him several months ago, as he had nothing planned for its use I now have it back down here and will now use it to hold a couple of thornless trailing brambles, hopefully it will be big enough for the job, time to get the tea made, so take care keep safe and pass on some smiles
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• That's a thoughtful gift The silicone baking paper arrived this afternoon but a little late for me to start baking so the experiment will be tomorrow morning. I've lined the tins in readiness. It's very cold here now so the brain's back on. Blow the expense!

Comment

• Beats me how heating turned into brain

Comment

• Good morning all you lig-a-beds.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Beats me how heating turned into brain
                                There are times when predictive text seems to have a life of it's own.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X