Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	2558140 Click image for larger version

Name:	45FCB2DE-3FD1-49E6-9ADD-067D63847E9B.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	902.6 KB
ID:	2558141
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Wowee! What a set of loaves between us.

Bren, those tin loaves are proper beauties. What size tin do you use?

Nicos, what are the top loaves? Mine are half Spanish white, half French T150 wholemeal. Not used T150 before. Smells lovely. Your top loaves look darker. More wholemeal or rye?

Comment

• That, I must say, is very nasty, none of you are trying, no that's not true you lot are very trying😒
            Did I ever tell you that if there's a choice between cakes and sandwiches, I will always go for the sandwich, as I have a love of good bread, OH is always telling me to cut down my bread intake and ofcourse I always listen to my OH😇
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Snoop they’re 2lb (900g) loaf tins and are a nice size for a sandwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                Snoop they’re 2lb (900g) loaf tins and are a nice size for a sandwich.
                Thanks. They look gorgeous.

And yes, Rary. A slice of good bread toasted and spread with salted butter is hard to beat.

Comment

• Morning all.

Just had a big disappointment. It's lovely and warm and the low in our corral was only minus 0.6 ºC. So I was starting to feel optimistic the worst of the weather was over. Till I read Penellype's weather thread and then had a look at our forecast. Snow, heavy rain and more cold temperatures to come again...

Ah well, this rather makes the decision for me as to what I'm going to do with the asparagus. Went and had a look yesterday to assess the work needed to fettle the beds. Only to discover some are already busting through in one of the beds! This took me aback, as I thought I'd have another couple of weeks at least. Wasn't sure what to do about it, leave the beds as they are or add more material. Now, given the weather, I'm tending towards adding more material: earth, sand and hay. Better do that very soon. The smiles set off very jolly at the thought of asparagus, though. Planted last year so I presume this is the crowns' second year and I can take a couple of stems each this year.

Plenty of work to get through first, though. So better get my skates on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    And yes, Rary. A slice of good bread toasted and spread with salted butter is hard to beat.
                    I remember Gran having a slice of bread and butter to accompany her meals said she preferred it to cake.

Comment

• Good morning.

All the bread pictures look amazing. I am suddenly hungry again. I've been awake since about 5am, for some unknown reason.

It's quite windy again but the temperature is in double figures. The snow forecast for later in the week is now showing as rain.

I must organise Mr GF to have a video call with one of his daughters who lives in Cyprus later today as she is having a hip replacement tomorrow. I also need to call at our doctors and sort out a prescription for Mr GF and book a hair appointment for his brother.

Comment

• Good Morning All All the bread looks fantastic. I've yet to manage a decent loaf!
                        Dull and chilly here. My nerves are on edge as I have what may be the final meeting about my retirement at ten, this time with management and HR. Didn't think it would affect me this much.
                        My grandma used to butter the bread before she cut the slice. Strange what you remember, that must have been over 60 years ago.
                        Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

All those loaves look fabulous, and here's me trying to not eat bread as it seems to be the thing that puts pounds on me. (I don't count crumpets as bread )

The crumpet recipe is one of Delia's, Nicos. Nice and simple.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...itish/crumpets
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all,my that bread looks good,something i just cannot make,i have to dash now,have a good day friends
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              Good Morning All All the bread looks fantastic. I've yet to manage a decent loaf!
                              Dull and chilly here. My nerves are on edge as I have what may be the final meeting about my retirement at ten, this time with management and HR. Didn't think it would affect me this much.
                              My grandma used to butter the bread before she cut the slice. Strange what you remember, that must have been over 60 years ago.
                              Have a good day All
                              My gran used to do the same, Flo.

Good luck at the meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                Morning all.

All those loaves look fabulous, and here's me trying to not eat bread as it seems to be the thing that puts pounds on me. (I don't count crumpets as bread )

The crumpet recipe is one of Delia's, Nicos. Nice and simple.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...itish/crumpets
                                I've bookmarked that, thanks. Just to let you know, though, it's in my bread folder...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X