Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Flo. You’re going to enjoy your retirement…I can’t imagine you’ll get bored- you don’t seem to be the sort of person who would waste your time.

I missed my workmates when I left my last job after 18 years in one place…must be very strange after 33 years

Must be time for a brew?…anyone fancy joining me?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just enjoying a sit down with a coffee so joining you Nicos I'm making a fridge tray bake so raiding the cupboards and fridge, already got biscuits, nuts, marshmallows, glace cherries and mixed dried fruit. Think I've got some crunchies stashed somewhere
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Think I've got some crunchies stashed somewhere
        This I find hard to credit. My very first 'grown-up' chocolate bar was a crunchie when I was maybe eight or nine. My dad went on a mad splurge and bought one for everyone in the family. A total shock to me and my brothers, as nothing like that had ever happened before. I've always had a soft spot for them. The idea of 'stashing' a crunchie is as alien to me as the idea of storing walnuts is to our dogs, who clearly believe everything is for eating right now.

Comment

• I stash chocolate bars away from Himself, who would eat every bit of chocolate like it was going out of fashion

I added coconut to the tray bake, topped it with white chocolate and sprinkled it with crumbled flake. It weighed a ton and my son in law has collected it along with the red velvet cake, which I suspect will be a bit dry. Now need to restock and stash more chocolate!

Comment

• I think I overdid the chocolate last night! I try not to have too much in the house as I'm like Snoop and her dogs when it comes to stashing things I like. Mr GF can't understand why I don't buy loads of extras when goodies are on offer and store them. My answer is because I'll eat them, all of them quickly, like a gannet.....a nickname I did once have in my younger days when a fast metabolism let me get away with it.

We've been down to Sainsbury's for Mr GF's yoghurts which are on offer and one of his preferred sorts of whisky was also on offer. Two one litre bottles sneaked into my trolley. He's a hoarder, they'll last him until Christmas as I can't even stand the smell. Not much else in the trolley though as I just feel out of sorts today and can't fancy anything. Probably a good time to shop.I thought we both had a hairdresser's appointment today but it turns out it's next week....... My hair seems to be growing like weeds at the moment and Mr GF is starting to look like Einstein.

Comment

• Morning all.

Went to bed early last night as I felt really tired, and the result is that I've been up today since 4.30am. I was wide awake so I couldn't stay in bed. I hasten to say I've done nothing with that extra time, just had an early breakfast and loitered over the crossword and i've done all the computer word games and some jigsaw. Actually, it's quite nice to have time to fritter away, plus I shall be prepared for the clocks going forward tomorrow

More tea anyone?
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning mothhawk, morning all.

Tea would be lovely. I'll join you.

All good here. Cool and cloudy start to the day, very slight possibility of rain this afternoon. Plenty of work to keep me busy and then off to pay a visit this evening to the neighbour down the valley. She's on her own, as her husband is away, and she likes to talk. So I'll take the dogs and a cauli down and say hello. Her husband is due back Sunday. Just as well as she'll need some help getting through the cauliflower.

As for the wolves I mentioned, unlikely that Mr Snoop saw actual wolves - he says they were too pale - but looks like they were something else. A Czech wolf dog has been spotted 50 km or so away. Mr Snoop says they're the spitting image of what he saw. So somebody has been dumping wolf dogs. Probably a litter they couldn't find homes for and they've no grown too big and unmanageable. This is perhaps worse news than wolves, as at least wolves would be scared of humans. We've seen no further signs here, so with any luck they will have moved on. A pack of three would be a formidable force.

Right, on that note, on with the show. Oh, I'd better warn you, the smiles set off in a proper skittery mood this morning. Probably caught it from me. The gardening urge is growing.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Perfect timing thanks MH for a brew - ta muchly!

I had to Google those Wolfdogs snoop…a very interesting read. Never heard of them!
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovakian_Wolfdog
                  Not good news at all is it?…I imagine the farmers will be shooting them given half a chance. Presumably including( accidentally on purpose) any wolves which are protected?

I slept like a log last night but woke up again to heavy rain which is ok as I still have domestics to catch up on. It seems strange having the house to ourselves again.
                  Clearly the diet will start in earnest once we’ve eaten up what can’t be frozen!

I love the idea that you are taking a cauli to your neighbour Snoop. I love sharing my produce.

I best get a wiggle on myself…wish me luck - I’m really not in the mood for domestics, but the unfinished jigsaw keeps waving to me!

Enjoy your day peeps- nearly weekend!

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a sunny, blustery 9°C here if you forget about wind chill. I think it may be worth doing some washing to dry outdoors.

We had a phone call last night from one of Mr GF's ancient friends asking if he could possibly have a jar of lemon curd next time I make some. I also found myself promising him some blackberry buns next time I make some for us. Maybe even a banana loaf too as he says he's been losing weight. Mr GF was slowly losing weight too until I introduced elevenses a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll have a baking session today, banana loaves (I've got some really ripe ones) and blackberry buns.

It makes me smile how men, even very old ones, try to outdo each other and still have conversations littered with schoolboy humour on occasion.

I feel much better today thanks to six hours solid sleep and then a few naps while the temperature warmed up. The aroma from the breadmaker and the thought of coffee eventually lured me to the kitchen. I've got my appetite back with a vengeance.

I must call at the chemist later today but nothing else that I MUST do.

Off to get the washing machine earning it's keep. When Mr GF has his favourite leek and potato soup his jumper tends to look like an Andy Warhol painting and he's had it twice this week. I keep threatening him with a bib. I remember my youngest brother having a hard plastic one with a big turn-up at the bottom for catching falling debris.

Comment

• Morning

Sunny and blustery here as well GF I'll be hanging out laundry soon using hurricane pegs to keep it on the line A mix of domestics gardening a shopping today.

Enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Same weather here too Bren so bedding is going outside when I get it off, Himself is still sleeping. Have a good day All

Comment

• Just sitting here sipping a cuppa watching and listening to a thunder and lightning storm and hailstones! Deffo not a gardening day!

Comment

• Good evening, have been very busy recently, I haven't really but sounds better than saying I have been rather lazy ​​​​​​, went to a GC this morning, still had a free coffee to get before the end of the month, though I did intend to buy some small fuchsia plants, the ones grown is small cardboard pots, but there were very few to pick from and their condition was poor, so didn't take any, I will need to go further afield for them or buy by post.
                            I have noted that a couple of my hydrangea could be lost as there is no sign of any buds the third one had buds showing but I think they have been nipped of by the frost, but I recon it will come back, even though that has been frosted a clematis growing through it is going strong, just shows nature can be funny, well almost time for bed, so I wish you all a good day tomorrow and pass on lots of smiles. Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Another blustery day here winds all over the place so the wind socks tied itself to the pole. something to sort out later. Seedlings are all popping up and are out of the propagator and on the windowsills it doesn't seem to be taking them long.

Rary it does make me wonder why stores don't look after their plants its even worse when its GC. neglecting them.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. I've been awake for ages but amazingly got a whole seven hours of solid sleep, a rare event.

It's grey and murky outdoors this morning and I'm sure I heard a weatherman saying something about possible wintry showers this weekend. 🥶🌨☃️. But then again they're wrong as often as they're right.

I've got a couple of bags of goodies, raspberry buns and banana loaves, to deliver this morning. I think I'll make lemon curd to add to the bags as well before we go out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X