This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    After another blustery wet night , we actually have a bit of sunshine!
    The smiles have been skitting around the mirabelle tree which is now in full flower.Might as well have fun as the blossom is going to be frozzed in a couple of days. I’ll try and remember to take a piccie of it whilst it’s at its best.

This morning’s other ‘entertainment ’ has been listening to a couple of woodpigeons tap dancing on our roof - presumably making babies..I’ve been watching them over the past few days collecting twigs and building a nest in one of our conifers.

Same here with uncared for plants - such a waste.

Today Rary, I’m going to be lazy!…yup! I know I’ve totally overdone things whilst we had guests, so I’m going to be kind to myself until I feel more ‘back to normal’ ..and why not?…life isn’t a race!

Porridge for breakfast anyone? It’d be lovely with a splodge I’d gf’s lemon curd…mmmm…..

Enjoy your day peeps- see ya later….
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and sunny here.

I was absolutely out for the count when the alarm clock went off this morning. Clearly need more sleep. I lay there for a bit till Mr Snoop prodded me to get up. He hates it when the alarm goes off and I lie there contemplating the ceiling (and the day ahead, of course). He thinks I should be up and at it. So this morning I told him I was doing an Ursula Le Guin. I read a very brief piece about how she spends the day. Turns out she spends the first 45 minutes of her day lying in bed, contemplating. When I told Mr Snoop I was doing an Ursula Le Guin, he had the good grace to laugh. He really rates her. Is this a bone of contention between us that I might at long last have won? He thinks that the very instant the alarm goes off, I should throw myself out of bed. And that's an impossible no-can-do for me.

Right, on with the show. Mr Snoop has just volunteered to make coffee and toast, I'm about to finish off a couple of paid jobs and then it's gardening time. Some bed preparation, some seed sowing and then maybe some seed buying, though really there is absolutely no need. But as Lear said, "Reason not the need!" One of my favourite sayings, though it's not a jolly play...

No hail forecast here, thank goodness. That is my least favourite weather. You're a braver woman than me, Nicos.

Have a great day, everyone.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-03-2023, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Morning, damp outside this morning and yes GF I did see it’s to be much colder over the next few days. Just as you think spring has arrived.
        Why not be lazy Nicos? I do that quite a lot!
        Enjoy your day everyone. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Back again. I had a couple of hiccups with the lemon curd. I put everything in the pan and put it on a low heat. As the butter was starting to melt I eventually realised💡it really didn't look right. I'd forgotten to put eggs in!! While I was cracking the eggs I managed to drop one on the floor. I find it hard to believe how far an egg can spread. Anyway eventually the lemon curd is made and is cooling in the jars and the kitchen is back to normal. It does taste good hot, so a good chance it will be good cold. Mr GF hasn't spotted it yet. Yesterday he managed to snaffle a blackberry bun before it even cooled.

Comment

• Good Morning All Been busy with the puzzles and very pleased with my success! Sunny with showers here and very windy again. I have symptoms of laziness today so plan to treat it with some retail therapy See you later
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Domestics done and almost time for lunch but I've been sidetracked by a new recipe site I've found, and I've been browsing through it. I love sites where there are lots of recipes and they are well catalogued. If anyone is interested, it's here:

https://mr-pauls-pantry.com/

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                I've been sidetracked by a new recipe site I've found, and I've been browsing through it. I love sites where there are lots of recipes and they are well catalogued. If anyone is interested, it's here:

https://mr-pauls-pantry.com/
                Looks good, mothhawk. The section labelled The Master Pie Maker looks like it could be tempting. Thanks.

Comment

• Useful link MH…and importantly the recipes look tasty! Thanks for sharing x
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I really like that website and I know there are a couple of different cauliflower soup recipes on there, Snoop. The raspberry bun recipe is practically identical to mine but includes a cooking time and temperature.

Comment

• Thanks MH, another distraction for my lazy day, although I have spent some time clearing admin work from the desk in my home office. I thought it might make me feel sad, but I found it quite therapeutic. It's someone else's problem now
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon and thanks for the link Mothhawk there’s some good soup recipes on there.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, like Jay it was a wee bit damp to start but soon cleared up, and looked promising for a brighter day, unfortunately it didn't happen, though I did get out to the garden, where I planted some shalots , and though I said I wasn't going to use sets this year, I bought some when away, so they are planted as well, I then started cutting up some wood for the fire, but as there was a spit of rain I decided get a cup of coffee, so headed in the house to order OH to get the kettle on, but in the interests of good harmony and I suppose safety I decided not to, after all OH could hurt her hand as she laid into me with her stick while I was away I came across some dahlias called Tartan coulering quite like Edinburgh, but thought I will get those at home, which so far
                          I can't so it's a true saying "always cut a stick when you see it" as it is now raining I will just stay in and read a book
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Mornin n’alln’all Today Rary, I’m going to be lazy!….
                            Strange how it only a woman who can say that, a man on the other hand can only take the opportunity if it raises, if he plans on a lazy day that is usually the day someone will say, I want this, or that, done today, I am definitely coming back as a woman, but then again I might not get anyone as good as me

Snoop, I usually get up before my alarm goes off, but on the rare occasion I have slept till the alarm goes off, I sit up, raise my arms to shoulder height, then extend my forearms out as if to make aeroplane wings, and as long as I don't hit wood I know it's safe to get up
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              Snoop, I usually get up before my alarm goes off, but on the rare occasion I have slept till the alarm goes off, I sit up, raise my arms to shoulder height, then extend my forearms out as if to make aeroplane wings, and as long as I don't hit wood I know it's safe to get up
                              I just have to ask: why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I just have to ask: why?
                                'Cos he's not wearing a wooden overcoat?
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X