This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

It has been raining but the sun is now fighting it's way through the clouds to give us an occasional bright moment.

I think I'll call round at one of my sisters today and drop off an Easter present for my great nephew. He'll probably be there as she does a lot of babysitting. I'm sure he won't have the foggiest what Easter is yet, but opening presents and finding chocolate should excite him. I don't think my niece, his mother, will get to eat his eggs this year.

Comment

• Morning

I've been on an early Grory Hop got everything on my list plus the supermarket wasn't busy.

No Easter plans here Nicos but if the weathers fine we'll be in the garden.

Flo hope you get your tablet up and working again its frustrating when they don't do what they're supposed to do.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-04-2023, 08:41 AM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Flo my OH recons if I go any slower I would be stopped, oh no that's when I'm doing housework
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, just a quick hello, hope you are all well. Off to the hospital with everything crossed!!
          Not sure what we are doing for Easter weekend but I’m sure chocolate will feature in it somewhere.
          Have a great day and I’ll catch up later. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Jay I'll have my fingers crossed, take care xx

Comment

• Morning all.
              The drizzle has stopped at last and the sky looks much brighter. May even see a bit of sun later. nothing planned except to find a recipe for, and make, some hot fudge sauce as my Mum has expressed a desire for ice cream and same. From memory, I think it's more of a chocolate sauce? if it uses real chocolate then I'm out of luck, as I only have cocoa powder, no dark choc, and I'm not making a trip out just to buy chocolate so close to Easter, Easter egg choc tastes different, and it seems to be used for regular bars as well at this time of year.

Happy Maundy Thursday, everyone
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Beginning to brighten up now so I will be out for a walk.
                No plans for the Easter weekend but family will be coming in as usual.
                More time IN the garden this afternoon, still trying to put a shape on it after being away.

Jay good luck at the hospital, fingers crossed for you.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thinking of you Jay xxx

I’ll have the kettle on for when you get back x
                  Last edited by Nicos; 06-04-2023, 10:25 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thinking of you too, Jay. 🤞🤞

Comment

• I wish you well Jay, and pray everything is fine for you.
                      Was at the coffee morning earlier, then once back home checked out the greenhouse only to discover that some of my labels on my seed trays have washed out, so much for permanent ink markers, the ones I have marked in pencil are fine, so no more marker pens, now need to watch I don't finish up with cabbages in my flower baskets still makes a challenge to see if I can identify flowers from veg and plant up my baskets properly​​​​​​, have a good day and enjoy your garden
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Rary I’ve never had much luck with marker pens I use a 2B pencil for labels.

Spent the day shopping twice then out in the garden and GH.

enjoy your evening

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Bloods all good enough to start medication again (have 1week off in 4) unfortunately no scan results back yet. The waiting is the worst.
                          Hope you all had a fab day. Easter weekend already and I believe it’s to be quite good weather!!
                          Enjoy the rest of your evening. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well, it’s good to hear your blood results are fine Jay…phew. At least you can enjoy the weekend ahead knowing that’s ok. X

I had a really busy day - I made those lemon biscuits, then some lemon and orange curd, then a Victoria sandwich for the lemon Easter cake, then some cornflake chocolate nests…and then a pavlova..
                            OH made the cinnamon hot cross buns and I have to say they are the best ever!

Frustratingly , my electric hand whisk broke whilst I was whisking the egg whites. Not repairable - I could hear rattling inside and smell burning…so I ended up scrubbing an antique hand whisker then using that!,..the type you turn a handle as fast as you can..for about 15 minutes!…it worked but flipping heck my whole arm is still aching!
                            The electric one was about 20 years old so I can’t complain!…but I’ll be replacing it asap!

Early night for me. Full moon I think?
                            See you in the morning peeps.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad to hear your news, Jay.

Off out shopping this morning, to be followed by fish and chips. Yum. And then an afternoon of cake baking.

Have a great long weekend everyone

Comment

• Morning all.

You're an early bird today Snoop! And for a change, I'm late up. Had a disturbed night with one thing and another, so had a bit of a lie in.

The sky is a clear blue and the sun is smiling. The sweet williams I moved yesterday all look good. I dug up a lot of cyclamen neapolitanum - actually I think it's name has changed to hederifolium - the autumn flowering one. They were beginning to take over. Some of the corms are massive, six and seven inches across, I'm wondering what to do with them as it seems a shame to throw away such venerable corms with the garden waste. There's no garden clubs in the village or nearby I could pass them on to.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X