This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Moth, did you not know that the unicorn is the National animal of Scotland?!! It’s even on the UK coat of arms…I kid you not.
    It's mentioned in the Bible too.

But there are many mythical beasts in achievements of arms, and that is perfectly acceptable, since they date from a time when such animals were believed to have existed. But does anyone today really think unicorns, griffins, phoenixes, manticores, dragons and such exist outside of Harry Potter? (Apart from the folk who think Harry Potter exists).

I suspect Unicorn Day is in honour of a rainbow My Little Pony with a horn, not the savage ferocious beast of antiquity.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Nope it’s the ferocious beast of antiquity!
      sigpic

Comment

• Fab cake GF!!! Yummy!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely looking cake gf….I’d have shown you mine but yours looks much more appealing! Carrot cake?…yup - Easter bunnies!

Jay, I really had no idea about Unicorn Day ( first officially celebrated apparently in 2015) but when I thought about it, of course …unification between England and Scotland created the shield with the lion and the unicorn.
          Wales has its dragon ….I had to look up Ireland’s ….the hare ( or red deer)…which one is more popular bramble?
          France has its cockerel, Spain it’s bull….interesting.
          (Have a gooogle of the Siberian Unicorn - that really did exist at the time of early humans.)

Today we have a dull start. It’s not yet raining but we’re in for a downpour all week. Four areas in France already have water restrictions having had almost no rain all winter following on the heels of last summers drought. It’s a major concern tbh. We’re buying in loads
          of chippings for mulch this year….and are already using a round bale of straw.

I’ll do a bit more gardening before the rain starts then start replanning our patio as we need to crack on with that pretty soon.
          What's everyone else up to today?
          whatever it is, enjoy!
          errm….forgot to say that the kettle has boiled - anyone fancy a brew?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes please, Nicos, I'm just ready for a cuppa. Lovely.

We have rain here, well more like heavy drizzle really, watering in the seeds I sowed yesterday

I came across a recipe for ladyfingers that I plan to try out today. Never made them before and they look easy to do.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday all, it's bound to stop raining soon.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here and looking at the forecasts its here for the day, glad I put my potatoes in yesterday. Some seed sowing in the GH but that'll be it for gardening today.

enjoy your Bank holiday.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and drizzly here, typical - I've got the washing machine on. Nice carrot cake and what is great idea. Chester is here and much worse on his legs than I thought. He also smells! Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Nicos, the red deer would be the most popular one .
                  For some reason the hare is almost overlooked.
                  We had a hare on our old 3 penny coin.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                    We had a good lot of rain overnight but for now we have some sunshine.
                    A showery day ahead.
                    No plans so I will be in the garden and the greenhouse.
                    Have a good one.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well I never Jay…looks what’s on the coat of arms of St Lo !….

Click image for larger version

Name:	6F18E598-E7E3-40B5-916F-06AE33603BA5.png
Views:	116
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	2560982 Click image for larger version

Name:	8F114C5C-FCC8-4582-8008-8872864FF40D.png
Views:	119
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	2560981

Theres even a statue of one in the city centre.
                      I only just spotted this as we’re thinking of taking the camper van out for a day trip this week and we don’t know that area very well.

Thought that would bring a smile to your face!

Comment

• Ah ….the things you pick up on a gardening site!

Comment

• Nicos… Moth doesn’t believe they are real!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, well after a very wet night we have had a lovely sunny day so far. After the year we have had we decided to ask the guy who cuts my MiL’s lawn if he would do ours! He’s just arrived, the front looks great, not so sure he’s going to manage the same in the bog that doubles as the back lawn but he’s going to do what he can. Feels as though spring has arrived once the first cut is done.
                            All this talk about cakes is making me peckish so off to grab a coffee, welcome to join but unfortunately I don’t have a delicious looking carrot cake to offer, don’t even have cake!
                            Enjoy the rest of your day folks. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, wasn't on yesterday as I felt a bit tired, actually, still do but have been out at the greenhouse sowing some seeds, OH has told me that there is no way I will be allowed to do that in the house​​​​​​, which is not a big problem as the greenhouse is warmer than the house, weather wise it has been quite pleasant but now starting to cloud over, I was going to ssow some kohlrabi but just checked the weather forecast and it is forecasting overnight temperatures of +2 and 3 for the next few days so will just hold of for now, I now think it eye lid inspection time so enjoy the remainder of the day and keep safe and keep s​​​​miling
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                                Nicos… Moth doesn’t believe they are real!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X