This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all and we have the sun.
    Out for a walk while it's nice and then I think * might plant out my sweetpeas.

Nicos, that sounds like a good mower, but the old saying...if in doubt, dont,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good call bramble. The thing I’m starting to think though is what we really want doesn’t exist. And if it did, it wouldn’t be in our price range. Ho hum.

Looks like we might be heading out to near the coast later. The security nuts for the car wheels have arrived and need collecting. There are a few things from the mega diy shop which we want to check out the prices on…and ..oh no…..IKEA is just around the corner from there! I want some orchids for the gites…we need to start getting them ready for the first guests of the season and they are so reasonably priced compared to elsewhere.New teatowels too. Guests always manage to badly stain at least one so it can’t be left for others - only us.

Better start making a list then!
      Enjoy your day peeps - especially those of you with sunshine- you know you’re going to need to share it with us eventually?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Prevening Rained all day here. I've been busy with housework though I did fit in a bit of reading and some puzzles. Hope your trip to the coast was successful Nicos and that you resisted Ikea
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening, it’s rained here all day as well Flo I’ve only been as far as my GH, luckily that’s only 8 steps away from the back porch.
          It does seem longer in the rain though
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• No resisting IKEA Flo!!!

And yes, we got most of what we were looking for thanks. Didn’t get to the actual coast though which was a pity….rain…rush hour….so decided to take the scenic route home. We did get to see a rainbow though, so that made me grin

Comment

• Good evening, missed out yesterday for some reason, must have been too busy however after reading yesterday's posts, I need to ask what is a sixpence that can be turned on? it sounds like something from old money, way before my time​​​​​​
              Went for my booster jag today, informed them that I have had covid and only checked clear today, also informed them that I had phoned up about it and was told that it was OK to have my jag, the young lassie told me that it was only changed recently as in the past if you got the injection just after having covid the symptoms seemed to linger, and it was advised to wait a couple of weeks, so I was given the choice as they will be back to give out more on the 30th. so I said I would wait till then, to which I got the response, yes so would I, so another couple of weeks before I get the latest jag, funny how all the folk giving out all these jags seem to be young, I wonder if there is something I am missing 🤔 got quite a bit of work done in the greenhouse but now struggling for space, possibly I should tidy up a bit, but then it wouldn't look like my greenhouse ​​​​​​, I also planted some hawthorn saplings, they have surprisingly long thorns on them, as my arms can show the proof of that, I have acquired some tung and groove boards and am now thinking of making a slated wall at the back of roofed section between the greenhouse and the hut, which hopefully will cut down the cold wind that blows through, then again I might use a sheet of polycarbonate that I have, and as long as there is an opening at the top and bottom to let any air pressure out, it should do the same job, sorry just putting that down as I think on it, now something to think on overnight.
              Enjoy your day tomorrow, hope you get plenty of gardening done and pass on plenty of smiles. Goodnight
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Absolutely glorious start to the day here. Looks like I'm going to have a grand time of it too. Off to Chatsworth with a very good friend, followed by early supper at a Lebanese restaurant.

Hope you all have a great day. Good luck with whatever you finally decide on, rary.

Comment

• Morning

Its supposed to be a dry day but with how often the forecast changes I'd rather look out of the window..

A mix of domestics, seed sowing, visiting and calling to drop a bag at the charity shop today.

Rary I think all the best GH's are untidy

Enjoy your day
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, clear blue sky here at the moment, and frost on the car windscreen, so went out to check the greenhouse and the temperature in there had dropped to +3c so worthwhile keeping the fan on overnight, I was going to cut down some shrubs today but will now wait for a week or so to hopefully avoid any frosts, but I might give the grass a cut, then mix the grass in with the seaweed that I have in a large tub, then cover with soil to see if there is any heat generated and use it for growing some salad stuff before plantingng courgettes in it, well that's the plan, time will tell if it works. Enjoy the day and try and spread a little happiness by passing on your smiles
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Morning

Enjoy your day
                      Good morning Bren, if that's the case mine must be away up near the top, it's that bad that even I thinks it's untidy l

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly again here. Jealous of your visit to Chatsworth Snoop, enjoy. Have a good day All

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Chilly, cloudy and dry, but Inthink I’ll take a leaf out of your book Bren and sort out some more charity things

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Well, I really think I should get a greenhouse then…I’ve got all the right contents for one!

Chatsworth eh Snoop?….long time since I’ve been there!…enjoy!

Nice plan there Rary…let’s know how your experiment works out!

I best get that washing machine earning its living. I might be able to line dry this afternoon…

Enjoy your day peeps, can’t believe it’s weekend already!

Comment

• Good morning, sun is shining g here.
                            Laundry done and is now out and blowing in the breeze.
                            Managed to plant out half of my sweetpeas yesterday so hoping to get the rest out today,

Enjoy your trip to Chatsworth house Snoop.

Rary, my greenhouse could do with tidying up as well. Too much brick a brack in it.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• So, have you ever found a job to do and then wish you'd never started it? My airing cupboard needed a tidy up and now there are towels and bed linen all over the landing

Comment

• Flow the answer to your question above is yes, twice over​​​​​​. I went into the shelter to remove fleece from the plants and the wind coming in from the north was biteingly cold, so as I had decided to use the polycarbonate sheet that I have, I tried to move it but it was jammed, so had to empty two shelves of plants, so plants everywhere, moved the shelves only to discover I also needed to empty two water butts as well, finally got the sheet out, after cutting the back of my arm and my hand, that's what I get for working without gloves washed them down with some vinigar and used several strips of sticking plaster, after a lot of effort I eventually got the sheet in place, and of course my son appeared just as I finished, I then had lunch and thought I would take it easy in the afternoon, so decided to take out a dead tree, shouldn't be too difficult as they are shallow rooted, after all I have a good strong bar which works well when used as a pinchbar, I cut the tree down a bit rocked it to loosen it up a bit and went to get the bar, not there, its up at my sons, so finished up having to cut through the roots, which left me absolutely shattered and wondering why I started these two jobs, one a day would have been sufficient ​​​​​​
                                I then cut my grass and actually got that done without any bother, but now need to do an eyelid inspection

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X