This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Dull with a chill breeze here , but a promise of sunshine later.
    Thanks for the reminder bramble - fingers crossed though for you… better caught earlier than later if necessary.

Welcome home Snoop. There’s nowhere better than your own bed and pillows is there? Hope you feel mentally refreshed after your break.

OH has persuaded me to go for that mower . Our neighbour has one with a collector so we might just borrow that from time to time. We certainly don’t need to collect all our cuttings . The ‘boys’ do share each others tools , and I’m sure he’d like to use ours when his grass is long and wet.
    So…it arrives next week! No hanging around to give me chance to change my mind then It’s certainly going to take a while to learn how to steer it!
    Beans on toast for the next few years then

Brew time over - need to go and put some chocolate on those florentines for tomorrow.

Enjoy your day peeps. And Rary…please sit down mate….I haven’t got the energy to read all your posts!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All just Washing out in the breezy sunshine and about to make an Apple pie.
      Hope you have fun with your mower Nicos.
      Hoping for a good result Bramble.
      Hope too that your back is better Snoop.
      Have a pleasant day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Went to my line danci g this morning and stopped on the way back to get flowers for my mothers grave.
        They were selling trailing geraniums, 4 for €10, so I bought 8.
        I will plant them up in my hanging baskets this afternoon.

Snoop, welcome home, like others said, theres nowhere like your own bed.

Good luck with the new mower Nicos.

Have a good afternoon and take it easy Rary.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, and my thanks to you girls for showing some consern for me, but just as a reminder it's either work outside or do housework, guess what I prefer
          Sorry to read that post of yours bramble, but please know you are in my prayers.
          Today I was up to put the boys out to school, then as daughter is back at work got her dogs and took them a walk, before taking one of the grandsons to the doctor, as he has a swelling on his upper leg, I thought possibly a strain from doing his judo, was told he would need to go to hospital so contacted his mother to let her know and would let her know what was said at hospital, but fortunately she got some time off to take him herself, not that I didn't want to do it, but I know I would have done the same with my children, he is now waiting to see a surgeon.
          Garden wise I collected some mole hills and covered the top of water tubb with the seaweed and compost in it, I have sown some radish into the soil, I also got some hawthorn bushes cut down and the wood cut up into logs for the fire, I am now going to check the eyelids before the boys come in from school and also before I go and pick up the oldest grandson from his work as his mother might not be home for quite a time. Enjoy the rest of the day and go and find something to smile about, the garden is good for that​​​​
          Last edited by rary; 18-04-2023, 02:58 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Looks like we are in for a pleasant day weather wise.
            We have friends coming over for morning coffee and a darned good natter and then we might go out in the camper van. We’ll see.
            If not, then we’ll no doubt be outside gardening!

I best get a wiggle on and sort out my house!…see ya later peeps - enjoy your day!

Comment

• Good morning, daughter didn't get home from hospital till the back of eight last night, they were thinking of keeping grandson in but as its not a medical illness where he needs medical care he was allowed home, I am now on standby for taking him back down to hospital when ever he is contacted, he's quite happy missing school but he is also due to sit, exams next week, so not the best time to be off, won't be doing much today other than waiting for a phone call, so wish you all well and hope you enjoy your day

​​
              ​​​​​​
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all.

rary, you can be outside all you want. Just don't overdo it while you're out there. And if in doubt, see the doctor. Mind you, I'm saying that about the doctor and I'm not going... Went quite deaf the day after after my flight back to the UK and am still deaf now. Feel like I've got a pillow in my head.

Good buy on the geraniums, bramble. I'm thinking of getting some this year and just treating them as an annual purchase rather than feel guilty I can't keep them from one year to the next.

Bright here today, but the nights are still cold. Low of 2 ºC up by the house.You'd almost think I'd sown my seeds late deliberately this year. They're all dreadfully leggy though. Fingers crossed they do alright eventually.

On the cards for today, taking our elderly cat to the vets. Going on seventeen and starting to struggle. Hoping it's all just a series of minor problems that can be resolved with a little TLC from us and medical care from the vet. There are a couple of supermarkets nearby, so will drop in to replenish supplies.

The smiles left early again. I need to start getting up earlier too.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Got to wait in today in case the doctor calls in to see my mum. He said he'd be back in about 4 weeks, and that's today. Hope he doesn't leave it til Friday as that's Mum's birthday. She's expecting a card from the King!

I got most of the front borders weeded and edges trimmed yesterday, so there's just a short stretch left to do. Oh to be young again when I could have done the whole lot in a couple of hours. I have some old flower seeds and some self saved ones that I shall scatter on bare patches and leave to take their chances.
                  I see the wind is still a chilly one from the East. Maybe May will come in warmer.
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 19-04-2023, 08:08 AM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all, its dull and overcast and cold with it.
                    Not a lot on the cards today, it's my mothers birthday so going to the cemetary with some flowers.

Rary, hope your grandson is ok and nothing serious.

Nicos, enjoy your meetup with your friends.

Mothhawk, your mum must be thrilled to be getting a card from the king.

Have a good dsy all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and cold here too. Enjoy those Florentines Nicos, I could do with one of them with my coffee. Hope your grandson is ok rary. A card from the King for your mum MH - how wonderful for her. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I did the grory hop yesterday and belatedly treated myself to an Easter egg (half price!)

I got a text from our surgery to book Mr GF's covid booster online yesterday at a local venue, so I did that. Today I got a text to book one for me. Now also booked.

I made blackberry buns again this morning so I'll drop a couple off for my friend when I go out. The look of horror on Mr GF's face was priceless when I told him what I intended to do.

Snoop, I hope you get your hearing back soon.

I hope your mother's card arrives on time MH.

Evidently my great nephew is excited that the sunflower seeds he planted on Easter Sunday are now a couple of inches high. Looks as if he's got the greenfingered gene.

Comment

• Looks like I’m hogging the nice weather…sorry!
                          Our friends have left and we’ve had a lovely natter about the garden. Full of lots of different ideas.
                          Most of the cakes have been eaten - including the tea loaf I also made.Always nice to be washed down with a few cups of tea
                          Help yourselves to left overs everyone.

Hurry up and recover everyone …not nice for any of you

A card from the King eh?…I presume you need to apply for them these days? Well done on mommy MH for reaching 100. Very impressive.

Hope your pussy cat does ok Snoop. Always a concern with older pets.

After not a lot of thought, we’ve decided to head off in the camper, so need to sort out the porta loo,food etc first.

Enjoy your day peeps….
                          Last edited by Nicos; 19-04-2023, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon

Been out of the house until 1ish so playing catch up.

Congrats to your Mum for Friday Mothhawk xx Rary hopefully your grandson won’t miss to much school.
                            GF I can almost see MrGF’s face at those buns leaving the house
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              Morning all.

rary, you can be outside all you want. Just don't overdo it while you're out there. And if in doubt, see the doctor. Mind you, I'm saying that about the doctor and I'm not going... Went quite deaf the day after after my flight back to the UK and am still deaf now. Feel like I've got a pillow in my head.
                              I know what you mean Snoop I go deaf every time OH asks me to do something
                              Last edited by rary; 19-04-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,
                                Looks like 2023 is holding up with the bad luck for me, 06/04 I decided to practise indoor high diving virtually top to bottom of the stairs......

I have not walked the dog lately as I suspect my knee ligaments/tendons will take time to recover as I hobble about the place. Until three nights ago I was walking/Hobbling the dog still but the pain was getting unbearable so have decided to rest up you know typical bloke stubbornness,

The wife keeps telling to get to the hospital I keep telling her it's not an emergency. So it's a bag of Peas a Tends machine and a Heat Pack for the time being, I'll give it some more rest until I feel able to get out again sadly.

The funny thing is my wife was in the PC room on the phone and thought I just dropped something down the stairs letting out an expletive, only realising what had happened when coming downstairs seeing me cleaning Orange Squash off the walls (3/4 Pint), As they say you have to laugh!

On the plus side I get to make sure I scoff all my Easter eggs making sure madam does not help herself....

Geoff.
                                Last edited by 1batfastard; 19-04-2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X