• Show
Clear All

• Yes, hope all goes well, Rary.

Comment

• Rary that's worrying for you all xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yikes Rary - you must all be so worried. I know you are a rock for your family, but even you must need a bit of comfort in times like these. We’ve all got positive thoughts heading your way. And even a few doddery shoulders for you to lean on

Let’s hope the tests etc finally sort out what specifically the problem is and how to get everything under control/ finally treated.

A quiet day ahead for me. Our small petrol mower needs collecting. It’s just been serviced. The pull start snapped inside too so that needed fixing/ replacing too. The shop is just around the corner from Lidl so I’ll be popping in there- they have red geraniums at a reasonable price. I’ve nowhere really to store them until the last frost, but when that time comes there won’t be any anywhere at a decent price.

Enjoy your day peeps ( as best you can Rary x)
        See ya later peeps
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hope all goes well rary, what a worry for you all.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning and and Happy Friday
            My eldest son is coming today to take my IT stuff back to work.
            It's starting to rain here.
            Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Rary, I am so sorry to hear your grandson is having a problem.
              I will keep him in my prayers and light a candle when I am I the church.

A dull morning here with a temp of 9 degs.
              A trip to the supermarket this morning.
              My daughter is calling over in the afternoon do dont know if I will get much gardening done,
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Finding it a bit hard to get going today. Only 11.40 am here, but feeling distinctly peckish. Maybe an early lunch would spur me into action...

Blue skies but a bit breezy. Rain is forecast for tomorrow. Just 2 litres per square metre. So far, since the great flood in November last year, we've had the grand sum of 8 litres per square metre. Everywhere is bone dry. And the great flood didn't do us that much good either, as the ground was so hard and dry it all rushed down valley. The reservoirs are still pretty full after all that, but our well is pitifully low. Still time for spring rains, but it's starting to get a bit late.

Other than that, not much news. Paid work on the cards. Mr Snoop off into town for water and other errands.

Hope everything's going well, Rary.

Comment

• Flo it’s raining here luckily is started just as I got home from having my hair cut.

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Bren

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      Your hair looks nice Bren
                      I was just thinking the same!…yours too Flo. I think retirement is suiting you!

The mower is back and working really well.They’ve done a great job servicing it and even returned it full of petrol. Impressed.

Our bigger hand mower is being collected next week when the ride on is delivered. OH will be sad to see it go but we don’t need three mowers and we got a good part exchange deal with it.

Looks like our rain clouds are closing in. It’s definitely cooled down a lot. I best get the woodfire lit ….
                      Last edited by Nicos; 21-04-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Evening all.

There's been a stream of visitors today for my Mum's birthday. We now have seven (yes 7!) bouquets of flowers dotted around, and pride of place of course, is The Card.

Click image for larger version

Name:	card 1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	2561434 Click image for larger version

Name:	card2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	2561435
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• evenin all

well what a couple of weeks ... we went from having a tired looking bathroom to a building site to nearly a sparkly new one!. Plaster taken back to the brick, old tiles lifted, toilet Bath and Wash basin ripped out and a new shower installed posh light ( you can change the colour and its also a bluetooth speaker so I can listen to spotify whilst scrubbing me bits ... next week ... the Kitchen starts ripping out everything, new wiring installed, tiling new units and work topsthen the week after I leave Mrs G to it and clear off to Scotland for a week with my daughter ... (that was planned last year before this was on the cards). Hopefully the damn rain will stop and allow me to get everything planted before I go away.

ntg
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            A sunny start to what was forecast a cloudy, drizzly day.Yippee- more gardening on the books then!

Exciting works going on there NTG !…sounds like home from home, except mine is finally coming to an end after 15 years!
                            You’re going to love it!
                            Our next project was supposed to be renovating our concrete patio, but OH got waylaid creating hugelkulture raised beds and mounds.
                            Cant do noisy diy when we have paying guests and the first arrive next weekend, so…. It’s going to have to wait.

Other than a bit of gardening, I’ve no plans as yet for this weekend. I didn’t get my geraniums yesterday - there were only pink left and I wanted red.
                            Whats everyone else up to?
                            My positive thoughts are heading to Rary in particular today x

Anyone fancy a brew?

Comment

• Morning all.

Dull today, though no rainclouds as yet. Fingers crossed - the forecast has risen to 9 litres per square metre.

Fancy card, mothhawk. Do people get one every year after their hundredth? I thought they only went out on hundredth birthdays. Anyway, big congratulations from me to your mum too.

Off out in a bit to do some weeding. A bit of indoor work first, though.

Comment

• Morning

Its mostly cloudy here today but no rain so I'll be out and about.

Belated birthday wishes to your Mum MH xx and thanks for sharing her card.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X