Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morni g all and we have the sunshine this morni g.
    Yesterday was our horrible grey rainy day.
    I spent most of the day sorting out stuff for the charity shop, more space on the shelves now.
    Off to the church shortly and some family visiting.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy At George's Day by the way
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh gosh, yes Flo!…I nearly missed that one

Hope everyone is enjoying the day I always think it’s a shame that there aren’t any roses to pick on this day.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Rary that’s reminded me I’ve also got a Christmas cactus that needs repotting, it’s been in the same pot for years. Must do that tomorrow any tips. ?
          Let OH do it Bren, that way you have someone to blame if it dies
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, everything OK with the family, and I'm beginning to calm down a bit now, a bit dull and cold today, was at church this morning and when coming back home there was a few rain drops on the windscreen but nothing came of it, going with the forecast we are unlikely to get rain till Thursday, but I wouldn't place any bets on that, going out to the greenhouse to make some trays to suit some cappilary matting that I have, this is to hold some of the plants that I have potted on as I am running out of space for them and there will be no chance of getting them out to the garden for a few weeks yet, a question for Nicos and Snoop, when you two hit a hundred will you receive a card from the king, or with you being out the country does the disqualify you, evidently the time is coming up fast, both of you will need to find out.
            Well I wish you all a good day and happy gardening
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^ cheeky monkey!

Actually nope - we don’t fulfil the eligibility requirements…unless we returned to live in the uk.

Who is eligible?

Current citizens of Commonwealth realms or UK Overseas Territories. Commonwealth realms are countries where the King is Head of State.

Residents of Australia, Canada and New Zealand can also apply. Any applications from these places should be sent to the relevant Governor-General, who, as The King's personal representative in these countries, arranges for these messages to be sent.”

And in any case Rary…I imagine there will be a chance of a Queen sending them out again when I’m 100

Ooo…nearly forgot to ask…..how did the 3pm siren go?

Comment

• Nicos if you weren’t expecting that siren alert it would be a shock. I’d set my own alert to go of 5 mins before theirs so I’d got my phone out ready. I know I could have disabled it but I wanted to listen to the first one.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I have been getting the alert every couple of months for the last two years - it must have been practising.!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It wasn't a shock for me or for Mrs H: the alert didn't come to our phones.

We're on the 3 network, it is emerging that they failed to deliver to Android phones. Either that, or someone wants us dead...
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• good evening all,i got 1 bang on 3pm,my man got his 7 mins later,the message sounded like a voice from another planet,any how,where has the time gone,everything is blooming with me still,choir in the morning then off again for a few days,and 4 weeks to Lanzarote and my first flight,still think i am dreaming it all,hope all are in good health,just seen about the forum hopefully will survive,hope you get some rain soon Snoop,forest fires are not good,stay safe lass,it is good to see the trees and shrubs burst into life again,lovely to see,good night and sweet dreams all
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to hear from you, LD. And especially good to hear you're having a great time. Enjoy the trip to Lanzarote.

No alerts here, obviously. But I'm intrigued. While I was back in the UK, I travelled about a bit by car and came across many areas where there was no mobile signal. I presume anyone living in areas with no signal would get no alert.

And no card either for me as things stand, though there's a long way to go before that, so who knows? Things could be very different by then.

Another bright day here. Plenty to keep me busy indoors and out, though mainly in unfortunately.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely to see you lottie! Great to hear all is still going well for you…you deserve such happiness xx

Not quite sure what I’ll be doing today -plenty to choose from , so I imagine it’ll be more of a ‘high speed pottering’ sort of day
                          I like pottering, so that approach very much appeals to me

yesterday I finished the blanket - it just needs pressing to straighten it up around the edges. I’m very much a novice knitter so I’m quite pleased with it. I don’t particularly like the colours but they are the pinks which our granddaughter wears. Looks like she’ll be wearing that colour bobble hats for years to come from the amount of wool I have left over!!!

Brew time over for me- better start pottering…enjoy your day peeps how ever you choose to spend it.

Comment

• Mornin Snoop - I wondered who was clattering around in the kitchen

Comment

• Morning

Looks like being fine here today then in minus figures over night.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              No alerts here, obviously. But I'm intrigued. While I was back in the UK, I travelled about a bit by car and came across many areas where there was no mobile signal. I presume anyone living in areas with no signal would get no alert..
                              No alert without a signal then you need to have either 4G or 5G to receive it so that cuts out even more people.

Gardening today and some shopping.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                No alert without a signal then you need to have either 4G or 5G to receive it so that cuts out even more people.
                                Potentially a lot of people all told, then.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X