Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all and it's another beautiful sunny day here.

No thanks to the porridge Nicos, just had bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomato, our weekend treat.

Rary, couldn't agree more, it's a real grabbing culture and a battle to get the money back.

Gardening today but I will be a little restricted as we have a guy rebuilding two broken steps at the top and the bottom.

Have a lovely day all and take care in the sun.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Love the phrase “scorchiosissimo” Snoop

We get “scorchio plus” here at the most (40C)

Funny how we think it’s incredibly hot when it reaches low 20’s in May but it seems a refreshing relief in the peak of summer.
      Whats the maximum temperature you’ve experienced Snoop?

I recall a visit to Iceland many moons ago in August and took all my winter clothing plus one cool top for travelling in.
      It hit 32C almost every day and I had to hand wash that top every night! Not complaining…it was my dream holiday.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And please stop talking about bacon butties!!!…I’m getting quite dehydrated with all this drooling

Comment

• I'm starting to think my phone can read my mind. As I was tidying in the bedroom I was thinking that the brushed cotton quilt covers are getting too warm now. I made our elevenses and my 'phone tinged - an email from Dunelm....Summer sale. I had a browse and ordered two duvet cover sets for click and collect. 8 minutes later a text to say they are ready to collect. One is quite geometric and the other is what I would call french tart's boudoir and they call Versailles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            And please stop talking about bacon butties!!!…I’m getting quite dehydrated with all this drooling
            So it’s still ok to mention tomorrows bacon, eggs mushrooms and toms on sourdough oatcakes.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Phew it's warm out there! I've lifted the tulips, now to decide whether to plant them up with CACA salad or flowers, or get rid.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• In case you're wondering, I meant the veg trugs

Comment

• Spent the afternoon planting up seedlings.. into tubs. Too small to put into the garden , but perfect for now

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    the other is what I would call french tart's boudoir and they call Versailles.
                    What's a French tart's boudoir🤔 if its made with strawberries and boudoir is a fancy name for the bed, I use compost and straw, if it's made with rhubarb, again I use compost and manure, I find puting these on the beds helps get good tarts😏
                    Last edited by rary; 27-05-2023, 05:52 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^ ha ha!…I’ve just looked at the bedding gf was looking at!
                      very pretty!

strangely Versailles brings to mind gold…lots of fiddly gold.

Just eaten our own lettuce tumble salad outside and it’s still lovely and warm…feels like summer is upon us!…finally - and it’s only May still!…yippee!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 27-05-2023, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Good morning.

I've already been awake for an hour or so .... no idea why. In the end with no hope of dropping back to sleep I got up and made coffee rather than waking Mr GF up with my tossing and turning. I'm just wondering if threatening myself with the ironing pile might make me suddenly sleepy. I might just as well give in and go and get a shower. There's not even any sun this morning and it's only 12°C.

Time for another coffee I think.

Comment

• Mornin gf n’alln’all

I’ve had a rubbish night too Oh well, I’ll have ‘40 winks’ (as my grandpa used to say) later if I get the chance, but it’s a busy day ahead and I want to go to the huuuge vide grenier at lunchtime ( quiet then as French peeps are eating). Hoping to get hold of a few things for my granddaughter’s visit this summer. Hopefully there will be a few cheap plants there too!

No sunshine here either - yet, but it’s due to be another sunny day once the sun breaks through the mist.

I’ll just pop the kettle on if anyone fancies a brew?

Comment

• Morning

It was to hot to sleep last night I'm thinking its time to swap over to the summer duvet. Of to a local spring fair today not sure what to expect but I think it will be crafts instead of plants.

Nicos I hope you find what you're looking for at the vide grenier

Enjoy your day
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Dull. A bit more rain in the night, but again, nothing much to speak of. Not enough even to bring out the snails and slugs. Mind you, the ants are making the most of the moist surface to start mining new air vents.

More work on the cards for today. Got one job out the way yesterday, another one today and I should be up to date by the end of the week! Then all I'll have is billing and sorting out my tax declaration. Lucky me...

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the vide grenier, Nicos.

Comment

• Good Morning All
                                Cloudy here but warm. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X