X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    We have sunshine after a few dull days.
    I need to visit the doctor this morning to sort a mix up with my prescription.

Snoop, I am abso,utely terrified of snakes and would have to move out if one came into my home.

Glad your cheese arrived GF, hope its edible.

Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

ooooo Snoop - yikes! Rather you than me.
      Glad the cheese arrived gf. Puts you off doing that again doesn’t it?

We had light drizzle this morning. Not enough to get excited about but enough to be content to do some Mrs Mop chores.
      The grory hop didn’t happen yesterday so it’s either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. OH needs a new part for his strimmer and the shop is right next to the hypermarket I’m going to , so if I’d have gone and got the shopping yesterday I’d of had to do the same trip again today ​​​​​​…so just as well eh?

Right…brew time over!…see ya later peeps.
      Keep us updated about that snake Snoop…….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Grory hop arrived as did Frank! GGs partner has some decorating to do and doesn't want Frank to be his little helper, so instead he's hindering me
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Nice bit of unexpected company there Flo!

I had to chuckle - I spent about 10 mins trying to persuade a European hornet that it didn’t want to be inside the house …and then spotted a ginormous spider in one of our glass jugs. At least they weren’t snakes!

Comment

• Nicos do you remember Lucky Bags in the sweet shop? Sorry that's a bit random, but I had a dream last night about them and Jubblies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Nicos do you remember Lucky Bags in the sweet shop? Sorry that's a bit random, but I had a dream last night about them and Jubblies!
              Erm... Jubblies?

I only looked the word up because a friend of mine used to say 'lovely jubblies' whenever something nice came along, biscuits, cakes, that kind of thing. I thought it was a made-up word.

Comment

• I don't know if they were the same everywhere but in my corner of Yorkshire jubblies were like pyramidish shaped frozen things.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Same jubblies here GF And weren't they big! Took two hands to hold and lasted ages!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jubbly.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2564612
                  I say lovely jubblies or more often luverly jubberly too, Snoop.

Did the grory hop today as I had to wait in for the doctor to visit my mum yesterday. Turns out it was nothing too serious which is a relief.

That's a long snake, Snoop, hope it moves out again as the evening cools. I guess it's a boon really, keeping rodents down eh?
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 29-06-2023, 03:13 PM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• They're the ones Nicos! It took ages to eat them

Comment

• Sorry GF I got mixed up again - doesn't take much

Comment

• I remember those they were less messy than lollies to eat no drips running up your sleeve
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          Afternoon all.

Same jubblies here GF And weren't they big! Took two hands to hold and lasted ages!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jubbly.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2564612
                          I say lovely jubblies or more often luverly jubberly too, Snoop.

Did the grory hop today as I had to wait in for the doctor to visit my mum yesterday. Turns out it was nothing too serious which is a relief.

That's a long snake, Snoop, hope it moves out again as the evening cools. I guess it's a boon really, keeping rodents down eh?
                          Thanks. There's a very different definition of jubblies if you look the word up without adding frozen drink...

And yes, quite a long snake. If it keeps the rodents at bay, it's welcome to stay. But as far as I know, we have no other invader mice or worse at the moment, so it's likely to go hungry. When I spotted it, it was trying to get out, but round the hinge side of the door and of course it wouldn't fit.

Comment

• I loved jubblies
                            As you said Bren - less messy to eat. If you didn’t finish them off you could stand them up in the freezer. I loved drinking the melted juice from the pointy end . Were they always orange?
                            I’m not sure, but couldn’t you buy them unfrozen too ready to put in your freezer?

My mom had a very early freezer back in about 1961. She went to special Cordon Bleu classes about freezing your own food etc. I was taken along. I didn’t really concentrate on what they were saying but was fascinated by the fact that the demonstrator had an angled mirror above her head and you could see what she was doing from a Birds Eye view!
                            ( te he - just realised that Birds Eye is also a producer of ) frozen food!

I’ve had a ridiculously long day - loads of Mrs Mop then tons and tons of weeding. Time for a glass of chilled wine eh? Plenty to share if anyone would like to join me? Can’t drink alone ya know . OH is outside having a beer with his mate - sitting in front of the lit firepit in broad daylight and 23C …nutters. What is it with boys n’fire?

Comment

• Dont remember seeing jubblies, but plenty of frozen drinks like Orange Maid.

Nicos, I will join you in a glass of red.
                              As we have just come back from France it would be a shame not yo try out our wine.
                              My daughter has just dropped in so we will both join you.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Nicos do you remember Lucky Bags in the sweet shop?
                                Yeh, I do but I never really liked the contents . Have you been to the sweetie shop in Elsecar?So many sweeties from our youth.
                                https://www.elsecar-heritage.com/shopping
                                oh boy, that’s well worth a visit. As are the floors of antique stalls , and the beer shop/ pub

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X