This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post

That statement is on the balance Snoop, definitely suspect the betters bit, as for the elders bit, not so sure about that​​​​​​
    Now it's up to you to work out if I think you are old, or I think I am close to your age
    Whatever you think is bound to be the truth of the matter, so I'll leave it to your judgement.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Its raining g here as well, Sheets of hazy rain that's been driven by a strong breeze.
      I guess it will be another day indoors.
      Looking after my grandson this afternoon so that's something to look forward to.
      jHave a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Whatever you think is bound to be the truth of the matter, so I'll leave it to your judgement.
        Of course I think I am close to your age
        ​​​​​​
        Now does that mean I think you are old, or do I think I am young🤔😀😀
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Of course I think I am close to your age
          ​​​​​​
          Now does that mean I think you are old, or do I think I am young🤔😀😀
          Both wise in years and young in spirit. How's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Both wise in years and young in spirit. How's that?
            👍👍👍Great answer, definitely not one I would have thought of😄
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

No drizzle today but incredibly windy. It’s blown over my runner bean pyramid so we’ve cropped most of the larger ones but there are still plenty of smaller ones to grow. Never had so many! No point in trying to erect it again until the wind has settled.
              Hundreds of plums and mirabelles have also blown off the trees so I’ve just made a mirabelle tart. Looks and smells lovely.

Well done for volunteering at the bar Snoop. A great way to meet many new faces!

Tis our last afternoon / evening with daughter and little’un so we’re having a slow meal together and an early night as it’s a heck of a long drive for us tomorrow.
              Just sorted out a picnic so fingers crossed it stops raining
              Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2023, 04:49 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just eaten the tart!…delicious

https://lacuisinedebernard.com/en/mirabelle-plum-tart/

(It’d work really well with plums too.)

Comment

• Looks delicious, Nicos. Bet it would work well with pears too.

Nice looking website. I shall have a browse...

Edited: Good grief, Nicos. That is an amazing site. I shan't need to buy a French patisserie book after all. I shall just spend the money I've saved on butter instead!
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-08-2023, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy and definitely cooler today. A relief. All the windows and doors can be left open today, not quite so dingy in my basement.

Work to keep me occupied, but not as busy, busy as usual. Also a relief.

Always a wrench saying goodbye to family, Nicos. Hope the house doesn't feel too empty when you get back home.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Wow, sunny here, I'm sure that wasn't forecast! Best get busy with something. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

A sunny my here as well Flo, rains due later but hopefully the laundry will be dry by then.
                        An early morning Grory hop hardly anyone in the store thought it best to make the most of the sunshine.

enjoy your day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A dry but dull day and just 14 degs.
                          No plans for the day but out for a walk while its dry.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, sun’s up!!!
                            Decided to go for run out in the car yesterday. Tossed a coin on the approach to a major junction and ended up in Callander. Had fish and chips and a lovely trip home through the Trossachs! A bit like the Diceman TV show if anyone remembers it. Lovely day as the rain stayed away.
                            Grory hop today and a bit of housework so nothing exciting.
                            Have a great day everyone. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

We had lovely sunshine earlier and my second load of washing is out on the line, the first load is nearly all dry. However there are now some massive black clouds building.

Mr GF had an early appointment in the next very small town (big village), not somewhere we would normally visit early on a Thursday morning. I do like going there as there are a few independent shops and the parking is free. I have just discovered that a mobile fishman comes over from Grimsby on a Thursday morning and parks up. I also called in at the veg shop and got a box of nectarines ...... nectarine jam maybe?

Since we got home I've got some citrus fruit (grapefruit, orange and lemon) simmering away ready to be made into 3 fruit marmalade. It needs to simmer for 2 hours before being cut up and the peel chopped into slivers.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Back after an eight hour drive with a couple of quick pee stops. Absolutely atrocious weather…rain rain and strong winds… Far too far too tbh but it was that or the same distance to Paris but with much more traffic.

All because Flybe went under. Oh well….we’ve had an amazing couple of weeks with the family.

And yes Snoop - the house feels empty and quiet. Talk about a chatterbox of a two year old! Apparently my ‘granny huggles’ are spot on

Early night for me is in order- see you tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X