Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos, enjoy a calm, relaxing evening with your memories..... and look forward to the next visit.

I got my second load of washing dry (thick towels) I'm surprised to say and the rain has held off. At the moment though the sky is a very peculiar colour, a sort of yellowish grey! Heaven only knows what we're going to get next.

I now have seven large jars of marmalade and am contemplating nectarine jam as my next effort.

Comment

• Good evening, a lovely evening here, sun shining though a cool breeze blowing with a temperature of 16c, daughter back home from her holidays, but still had to take grandson to his work this morning, as it was a nice morning when I came back home, I decided to wash the car, that of course was after having a cup of coffee and slice of toast, so washed the car then went up to my sons where the boys were still in bed, it's the first time I have left them in the house themselves, as OH says I need to accept that they are growing up, but having to fend for myself at a young age (my mother had to work, to feed us) I didn't want any of my children to have to do that, anyway I woke the boys to see if they wanted to come with us to the coffee morning, they decided to have a long lie in bed, so I left them with strict instructions to phone if they needed anything, or anything wrong, after the coffee morning we went up to collect them, I rely need to reconsider some points, not only have they grown up, their appetites have increased quite a bit as well how boys can eat as much when their only activity was to take the dog a walk beats me, that bit must come from their grans side​​​​​​. I wish you all a pleasant evening and hope you have a good day tomorrow
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Just started to rain. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.
          A bright and breezy day here.
          Off out for lunch with my two friends.
          Some gardening later.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ever so quiet here….mind you, I’ve loads of washing to sort out, then a loooong soak in the bath later.
            Also we need to pick up loads more windfalls - apples, plums and mirabelles and do something with them.

Enjoy your lunch out bramble…and the nattering

Best crack on….only a quick tea stop…plenty in the pot if anyone fancies some…..

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

The weather is back to normal again today....pouring rain. I'm so glad I took advantage of yesterday's few rays of sunshine. I've visited Mr GF's brother this morning to sort out some paperwork for him and I've brought some bits home to do on my phone and print off for him. I took him a jar of the marmalade that I made yesterday and also half of the blackberry buns that I made this morning. Mr GF was looking horrified until I promised I'd make him more buns at the weekend.

I think I'll have a go at nectarine jam this afternoon. The nectarines have just been so good this Summer.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Busy morning. But not much to show for it, as Mr Snoop has taken it all away for gifts. Among them the pizza swirls. Also not cooked in the middle but not their fault - our bottled gas ran out midway. We always keep a couple of spares, fortunately. So all cooked through to the middle eventually. Maybe it's an oven temperature thing, Nicos? I cooked mine at 200 ºC but started them in a cold oven. I don't often start from a cold oven, but the dough was straight out of the fridge before filling and it was extremely cold.

Been a busy baking time of it the last day or so. Two cinnamon and raisin loaves yesterday and a sourdough on the go to bake in a bit. Mr Snoop is champing at the bit for the dough sheeter to come into play. I've promised him I'll try my hand at Danish pastries on Sunday. They look a bit more forgiving than croissant dough for a beginner.

Got some paid work I should be doing, but a nap is definitely on the cards this afternoon.

Hope you had a lovely lunch, bramble. Enjoy the bath, Nicos. Have a great day, everyone.

Edited to add: Happy jam-making, greenishfing.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-08-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon

I had an haircut this morning then a stroll over to the shop seeing as the forecasted rain didn’t arrive.
                  Got some gardening done now it’s afternoon tea time.
                  Not really sure where the days gone.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-08-2023, 02:28 PM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Bren

Comment

• Thanks Flo

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Had a lovely lunch out with my friends Snoop, and a lot of nattering Nicos.
                        I wasnt long home when my daughter in law and grandson came in with chocolate eclairs she made.
                        Spent a very pleasant evening playing and chatting.
                        Rain is just starting now.
                        Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining again here. I'm making lemon curd today, and maybe Rocky Road - both for my youngest GG who is home for a couple of days. Have a good day
                          Last edited by Florence Fennel; 05-08-2023, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Dull and drizzly here. I’ve got the washing machine working overtime at the moment…and also the tumble dryer
                            Thank goodness we don’t have to wash by hand eh?

Apart from washing I think we’re going to have a quiet weekend…just pottering depending on the weather. We have loads of plums and courgette to do things with so I guess that will also feature.

what’s everyone else up to this weekend?

Whatever you do, enjoy yourselves….I’ve just spotted the smiles being blown sideways but they are heading in your direction
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Talking of ironing (well almost ) I've discovered a spray called "crease releaser" and it works!

Comment

• Morning

Rain here as well Flo and according to the MetOffice its here for the day. Not doing much this weekend Nicos probably staying at home catching up with reading and domestics.

Enjoy your day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X