• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

That is good news Bramble xx
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      calm,’warm’ and blue patches of sky - in all, a lovely start to the day - topped with the scent of freshly baked Irish soda bread!

I’m guessing there will be more sewing today - mostly unpicking a large area I sewed yesterday
      Then I’m escaping into the garden!

After all this windy, wet weather Snoop, I think you’ve picked a nice calm period for travelling!

Enjoy your day peeps….
      Last edited by Nicos; 22-11-2023, 08:14 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Decorating recommenced. Very cloudy here. That's good news Bramble. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

It's grey and windy here but at least no rain.....yet. I'm happy to say that I've got electricity and gas this morning and no workmen.

I plan to go shopping later. I'll ring my brother in law next for either his list or to see if he wants to come with us.

Our HDD recorder, under the TV has been playing up, on and off, for a few weeks. It must be quite old as we bought it when the analogue TV signal was turned off....maybe 12 years ago? It isn't smart, but has been easy to use. I bit the bullet yesterday, while the electricity was off and ordered a new one, same brand, but the latest all singing, dancing, smart variety. I just hope it isn't "smarter" than me and let's me set it up when it arrives.🤯

Good news, Bramble!

Off to bake some buns now.

Comment

• Good morni g sll.
            Its grey and windy here, Greenishfing, we're sharing the weathet.
            I hate buying new electrical gadgets, you need a degree to figure them out, good luck GF.,

Nicos, Irish soda bread, lovely just out of the oven with lots of butter on.

Flo, glad to hear your decorating is back on track.
            I have a few errands to do this morning and then having my grandson this afternoon.
            Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It’s my favourite bread of all time bramble….we had some warm with dippy eggs!

gf…talking about tvs etc, we had a knock at the door this morning- delivery of our new fibre router… Hopefully it’ll be up and running within a couple of weeks. Can’t wait!…

Comment

• My brother-in-law decided that he felt up to shopping today, so came with us for the first time in a couple of months. I actually lost my shopping list somewhere between the car and the supermarket 🤯 but unbelievably actually bought everything that had been on my list, plus a few extras, which I found later on the floor of the car.

Mr GF has been reading his newspaper this afternoon and eventually drew my attention to a pasta maker that was advertised. I think somewhere in the back of his mind he was considering it for a Christmas present 😬☹. I reminded him that he has gone off pasta which he now calls string. The only pasta I can get away with these days is macaroni in small amounts. I then went into my store cupboard and showed him my well used carefully boxed pasta maker! Yes, he'd forgotten we've had one for years. Maybe I can reintroduce homemade tagliatelle into our diet.

Comment

• I love home made pasta gf…go for it!
                  Such fun to make together!

mmm…you’ve got me thinking now that I might well make some of my own soon!

Comment

• Here's my dilemma - I need to go upstairs but both my banister rails are still wet with paint and as you know, my knees don't work. Oh dear

Comment

• Go up backwards on yr bum Flo

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Morning Rary using the hoover as a walking aid sounds like a plan let us know if it works out
                        Sadly Bren it didn't work out, also OH needs to learn, crutches are a walking aid, not a wepon
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Go up backwards on yr bum Flo
                          But how do I get off my bum at the top Nicos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

But how do I get off my bum at the top Nicos?
                            Maybe take the Hoover with you? ........ If you believe Rary's policy of classifying it as a walking aid.😱🤣🥴

Comment

• Good evening, it's been a windy and occasionally wet day today, we intended going to a GC, but first I needed to see the Doc about a pain in my wrist, I have persevered with it for a while but really need to get it sorted, I got an appointment for 1245 to see a nurse, she thinks there could be a small bone broken in my wrist (which I doubt) Now need to phone on Friday morning to arrange an Xray, so too late for going to the GC, we like to be home for about 2 o'clock thus avoiding busy roads, but OH wanted to do a shopping, as someone wasn't getting everything that was needed, went for a shopping where we got more biscuits and such like, than I would have bought, however I will help her use them up​​​​​​,
                              Have a good evening, keep warm and safe and have pleasant thoughts that make you smile. Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Sadly Bren it didn't work out, also OH needs to learn, crutches are a walking aid, not a weapon
                                Rary it sounds like your OH is progressing well after her opp.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X