Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all, beautiful cold sunny day today but unfortunately didn’t get out as my feet are still a bit iffy so not walking well. Getting better slowly but surely.
    It’s like winter wonderland outside now. A real
    hard frost and everything is white, love it.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening. x
    sigpic

Comment

• We were just looking outside at the moon. With Jupiter brightly shining next to it.
      And guess what ????Just seen an amazing moon halo
      Not surprising there are ice crystals in the sky. It’s -2C and we crunched our way across the frosted grass to get a better look. Brrrr…..
      I did try to get a photo but sadly it didn’t come out
      Apparently it’s visible in southern uk too…if you have a clear night, go and check it out!

https://www.space.com/moon-halo

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

We're dog sitting so went a few times yesterday evening Nicos I spotted Jupiter but no halo moon here.
        Jay it does look pretty when everything's covered in frost, this morning I have a sparkly frosted GH.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
          We have a fantastic frost here too Bren!. But no sunshine , so no sparkles for us today.

OH has lit the second wood fire - but this one is the wood stove- so I’ve promised him a roast cooked in there today. I’ll probably do some baking in there too whilst it’s hot.

A bit more sewing too today at some point once we’ve got back from the Xmas Fair. So, that’s today sorted then

Keep warm and safe everyone.
          Jay - I’ve had you on my mind recently- hope you are feeling stronger- you’re not the only person I know who has had big problems post Covid. Xx

Comment

• Morning all, frosty morning here too but no sun.
            Thanks Nicos, yes this variant of Covid seems to be taking its toll on people. Our friends were in London last weekend and brought it back with them. I wasn’t bad at all with Covid itself, it was afterwards but they seem to have been hit really hard by it. He in fact collapsed yesterday. Thankfully I can’t be blamed for passing it on to them as we hadn’t seen them for a while before I got it.
            if you can get the vaccine is my advice!!
            Hope you all have a fab day whatever you’re doing. Me, I’ll be taking a walk round the garden to try and get my feet working again.
            sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty here too with bright sun. Himself out the heating on early this morning when he made my cup of tea. My son is on his way with breakfast. Have a lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rooting for you Jay x
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thanks Flo, getting there slowly. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    No frost here, just damp and dull with the threat of rain.
                    Off to church shortly and then grandson will be coming for lunch.

Jay, sorry to hear you're still not back to full health.
                    You have really been through the mill this year.
                    Baby steps and you will eventually get there.

Nothing else happening in this neck of the woods.
                    Have a good all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold and damp today, showing 2°c but I think its a wee bit warmer than that, just back in from church, OH still not ready to attend, Jay, hope you have a full recovery soon, and Flow, I could be wrong but in your last post yesterday I thought I could detect a smile, I must have touched the wrong letter as auto correct had put in smirk but I don't think that accurate​​​​​​, was quite busy yesterday cleaned the house and did some washing, unfortunately to cold to hang outside, so used the tumble dryer and with it being sunny it didn't cost me anything, due to the solar panels, though in the winter it's a only a short period to get things done 1045 till 1500hrs. our son and his family should be down shortly, so won't be geting out to the greenhouse till later, also waiting for daughter to come in to give OH her injection, I think there is still two more to go, then she's finished with them, she is also almost finished with the pain killers, and talking of that I took a couple of painkillers last night as my wrist was quite sore, evedently they make me too sleepy as OH was up twice and I never heard her, so no more of them, right need to go and wash my dishes. Nicos, evedently with the cloud cover I won't be able to see if the moon has a halo tonight, but!!!!!. Have a nice day and find something to smile about
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

Another rubbish night's sleep. If I remember rightly I had problems last month around the full moon.....so maybe there's something in the lunatic theories.

I was really fancying some chocolate earlier but I realised that the only chocolate in the house was either cooking chocolate or the Advent calender for my great nephew! I considered eating the cooking chocolate (wouldn't be the first time) but then realised that I had all the other bits(glace cherries, raisins, golden syrup, butter, digestive biscuits and a splodge of booze) to make chocolate fridge cake. I now have a loaf tin of it cooling.

I hope you get your feet working, Jay.

Comment

• GF I’m baking a couple of carrot cakes they’re in the oven with this evening’s sausage casserole. It really smells good in the kitchen.

Comment

• Morning

Lots of rain here it woke me up a just before 6 it sounded like pebbles hitting the window. I looks like our borrowed dog will be going for a short walk this morning.

How was your cake GF my took a bit longer to bake because I'd got the Dutch oven in the oven at the same time.
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 27-11-2023, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Good morning.

It's cold and very wet here but if it was a couple of degrees colder it would all have been snow. I've just had a glance at the forecast and at the moment it's forecasting some of the white wet stuff for us on Thursday and Friday. It's only a few years ago that I heard a local forecaster state that snow would end up being a one in twenty year event by now! This was the same idiot who forecast a barbecue Summer the year it hardly stopped raining. They then wonder why thy get treated like bad fortune tellers.

I must drop some prescriptions in at the chemist later.

I have remembered now why I stopped making the chocolate fridge cake....... I can't leave it alone. It keeps luring me to the fridge.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Loads of splishy splashy going on here - it’s been at it all night- and I should know that gf because I too was awake most of the night - until 4am.
                                And yes, I’ve just checked - it’s a full moon tonight!
                                Our internet was off more than it was on yesterday , which was good in a way as I had a mammoth cooking baking session in the afternoon/ evening.
                                Making the most of the woodstove.
                                We even have a rice pudding and a turkey and leek pie ready for today!
                                Today ,in there, we’ll be cooking a couple of casseroles for the freezer

Didn’t do much sewing yesterday so I best crack on with more.
                                Yesterday we didn’t buy anything from the Fair but bumped into loads of people we’ve not seen for years. Nice to see people’s faces light up and ask how we’re doing. Same goes for us too. Anyway- I’ve now booked a large stall for next year. Normality finally returning?

keep dry/warm/ safe peeps…

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X