This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    Good Morning All Frosty here too with bright sun. Himself out the heating on early this morning when he made my cup of tea. My son is on his way with breakfast. Have a lovely Sunday
    Was this a special day, Flo?

Comment

• Morning all.

Drizzly out there and due to stay so for the rest of the day. Mr Snoop is braving the conditions and has gone out with the dogs to meet the man with his digger coming to do some road repairs for us and perhaps some land work for me depending on the weather and time.

Did not get much done yesterday in the end, as lunch with M went on till very late. So, doubly busy today, but had a really relaxing time with friends yesterday, so a good use of time.

Nice looking cake, GF. I've got more bread to bake for friends today. Might see if I can fit a cake in too for us for the weekend. Well done on the covers, Nicos. I'm hopeless at that kind of thing. And good news about Mrs Rary.

Better get the coffee on for the digger man, as he'll be here soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning it’s a very frosty -4 out there just now…think I’ll stay in bed for a bit!
        Good to see you back Snoop, hope you had a lovely time with your mum.
        Enjoy your day everyone, catch you later x
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Jay hope you slept better last night.

Hair cut this morning then over to the cobblers to pick up a repair, not to sure after that but I won't be gardening in this frost.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

No frost here but it’s pretty brrrr outside.
            Three of our chooks are moulting - quiet badly too and they don’t look too happy with the cold snap.
            They have indoor access and I’m feeding them extra protein to help the feathers form. What a time to moult!

No idea what I’m doing today but it’ll deffo involve some pottering around in the garden. Also Ironing and measuring up the denim curtains I’ll be chopping up to make top covers for those mattress/cushions.

Anyone planning any festive crafts?

Right…time to open my Advent Calendar…its 1st December folks!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Was this a special day, Flo?
              Only because of my little lad coming Snoop (he's 46 and built like the proverbial outhouse, but still my baby).

Good Morning All Frosty here but sunny again. New curtains arriving this afternoon. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

A really heavy frost here. What Mr GF calls Amsterdam weather due to a memorable trip there once in sub zero weather. I've been shivering in sympathy just watching a telephone engineer scaling a telephone pole. I presume another of my neighbours is getting a new superfast fibre optic line put in.

I think that the new fishman will now be a new regular for us as the plaice was the biggest, fattest and tastiest I've ever eaten. I had to get the ginormous ancient, wrist breakingly heavy, Le Creuset cast iron frying pan out of retirement to cook it and even then had to fold the tail over. That pan was one of my best ever car boot sale bargains, £5, secondhand about twenty years ago and still going strong.

The sun has just poked it's head over the trees but the temperature is still below freezing and the car still resembles an ice cube. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to stop car doors freezing shut?

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  A frosty morning and it went down to - 3 degs.
                  The sun is out but its freezing cold.
                  Grory hop this morning and a visit to the post office.
                  Some ironing this afternoon.
                  Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gf…are you meaning the car locks from freezing?
                    I was told by a friend that if you spray WD 40 into the lock before it gets freezing, then you should be able to get the key to work.
                    She said it works but I’ve never tried it .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Gf…are you meaning the car locks from freezing?
                      I was told by a friend that if you spray WD 40 into the lock before it gets freezing, then you should be able to get the key to work.
                      She said it works but I’ve never tried it .
                      I don't know if it's the lock mechanism or the doors themselves but the locks are automatic, you don't need a key just the remote. I haven't tried them yet this morning but the car is still white over.

Comment

• Maybe a stupid suggestion...But is it near to a plug where you can use a hair dryer?

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          brrrrr eh?
                          Even Hibou nipped out for literally seconds before heading back in.
                          Just made a brew so do help yourselves. The fire’s lit and crackling away. Bliss.

No set plans for today as yet but there’s loads to choose from!

Might take a look at the Xmas decorations this weekend and be a bit more selective as to what we put out. I used to dread getting the fairy lights out and testing one bulb at a time. Ah, the ‘good old days’

keep warm and safe peeps and enjoy your weekend…
                          Last edited by Nicos; 02-12-2023, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Morning, we have snow! It has snowed very lightly for most of the night (couldn’t sleep) and it’s very cold so don’t imagine it’s going anywhere soon. Love it so long as we don’t have to go anywhere!
                            Have a great day folks x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

It's still -5°C here, but I'm nice and warm indoors. I need to go out and get a newspaper at some point, but that may well be the extent of my travels today. Mr GF is already muttering about not going with me.

Comment

• Morning

Its been a low of -3.6c in my GH overnight its not much warmer out there now. I'm with Jay, Hibou and Mr GF on wanting to stay indoors.

wrap up warm and enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X