Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All No decs here yet - I'll get in the mood soon I hope. Raining here too so clearing the snow. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Jay, on my 60th, one of my sister's collected up of selection of photos of me from over the years. Some I'd never seen as they weren't mine. She had them made into a photo album/book. I've just had a look . The company was photobox. Just an idea. If she lives local take her out for a meal. My husband's favourite ever present however was a flying lesson booked through a nearby aerodrome. He got the voucher and we used it when the weather improved, I went up with him in the back (four seater) with a camera.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Its dull and dark and just 2 degs.
        No Christmas decorations up yet.
        I am working my way through the house cleaning and polishing.
        When that's all done it will be Christmas in our house.
        Grandson is super excited this year as he has turned 5 and knows aoo about Santa.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Miserable start to the day here, but it has brightened up. Mr Snoop is outside pottering and gathering building stones. Me I'm about to go out and get more firewood.

Had a good time yesterday with the neighbour, boning and stuffing my chicken. Nowhere near as difficult as I expected it to be. Will definitely do this again.

Dreadful week ahead, though. M has invited mutual friends to stay and it will be nice to see them, but it hasn't half thrown out my work schedule and deadlines... Right, moan over. Better just get on with it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Jay I liked GF’s idea of taking your sister out for a birthday meal.
            As for Christmas shopping I’ve not started yet either it shouldn’t take long once I get around to it.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's been drizzly wet all day today, so I did some baking - mince pies

My breadmaker broke at the weekend, there was the normal chuggling sound as it beat the dough, then an ominous tinkling rattle. The connector joint had broken (the bit that turns the paddle inside the pan). I finished the bread by hand, then searched online and found and ordered the part. It looks fairly simple to replace, so hope it comes soon, my wrists are getting too old to be hand kneading. The breadmaker has done good service, it must be pushing 15 years old now.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                It's been a grey and miserable day here.
                Make a beef stew in the slow cooker first thing.
                Spent the afternoon washing my dinner service, glasses, cutlery and tidying the drinks cabinet.
                Not much Christmas shopping done here either.

Jay, It would be a nice treat for you, and your sister in law to go out for a meal.
                My daughter in laws birthday is coming up on the 15th and like you, I am totally stumped.
                I dont mind gift shopping, it's just a pain when you cant think of anything to shop for.

Have a good evening all snd wrap up well.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, we had some rain earlier but not enough to shift the snow, haven't done much today, was up at church this morning helping put up the Christmas tree, then back home where I got a couple of loads of washing done unfortunately it all had to go into the drier, however it all dried and put past, I note some of you mentioning Christmas shopping, fortunately OH had bought all presents required before she went into hospital, she knows of course if it was left to me it would never happen, same with Christmas cards, I would prefer to put the money into a charity, rather than send cards, I will be going out in a wee while as the Burns Club has a monthly meeting where there is a speaker giving a talk about the changing farm practices in the district, so looking forward to that. Have a pleasant evening, and if feeling cold remember shared heat with your partner works wonders Goodnight
                  Last edited by rary; 04-12-2023, 05:18 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

It rained quite hard in the night, so no frost this morning. Blue skies again, though, now. Phew, as I fancy making some more bread. For reasons beyond my control, yesterday's offering (sourdough Sicilian bread) was well and truly over-proved, so it sank in the oven. Tastes the part but definitely doesn't look it.

Got a busy day ahead, so better get on with it. Not wishing to make a big song and dance of it, but it's my birthday tomorrow and people keep making arrangements without consulting me and then rearranging them, so meeting work deadlines is even more difficult than usual. I know I sound very ungrateful, but I'll be very glad when this week is over...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. I'd like to say something profound to cheer you up Snoop, but all I can find is Soft Kitty, warm Kitty, little ball of fur, Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr, Purr, Purr. Hope your week gets better x
                      Have a good day

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Good Morning All Raining here. I'd like to say something profound to cheer you up Snoop, but all I can find is Soft Kitty, warm Kitty, little ball of fur, Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr, Purr, Purr. Hope your week gets better x
                        Have a good day
                        Thanks, Flo. Just the job. x

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Loads more sploshy going on here. The roofers have arrived next door as they are replacing their tiles and installing solar panels at the same time. Going to be a bit noisy for a while….several weeks apparently….and they don’t take a Xmas break either - just Xmas Day. Oh well.
                          Our chimney is still leaking - so the guy is coming back either today or tomorrow depending on if it’s raining….

That’s frustrating Snoop - I can understand your anxiety - you need to be professionally reliable when you give a finishing date.
                          They mean well, but clearly just don’t understand the implications.

Rary - your talk sounds interesting…what info did you take away from that?

Cant decide whether to do a grory hop or start putting up a few decorations….
                          Whatever you get up to…have a good day peeps.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, rain here as well Flo, I've not heard Soft kitty for a while it always makes me smile, thanks.

Snoop i hope you manage to get your work completed amongst all those unplanned arrangements.

Which will it be Nicos ? I think you'll be starting those decorations.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've just sharpened my scissors, now I'm wiping down kitchen units. I should be buying gifts, but inspiration has left the building

Comment

• Good day all.
                                Damp and cold here.
                                Out for lunch today with my husbands siblings and their partners.

Snoop, you have my sympathy, I dont do stress very well,
                                I hope it all works out for you.
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse